Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  IDS 14.2 Virual appliance - How can I implement Disaster Recovery for IDS in alternate data center?

Posted Aug 22, 2019 10:38 AM
    Edited by Julian Riano Aug 22, 2019 10:51 AM
    Hi Community

I have implemented IDS 14.2 in the main data center with 3 virtual machines, with respect to the database it has been implemented in Oracle.

The client's requirement is that the IDS DR must be implemented in an alternate data center, this including independence of the database, this means that I must point the new IDS installation to another database.

For now I find a limitation in this since the initial strategy was to synchronize the new machines in the existing ring, but I don't know if it is possible to do this and point to another database.

If I perform a new installation in the alternate data center, I can replicate in real time the data and settings of the alternate data center

Is there any document about it?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Julian Riaño
    +57 3153563805
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: IDS 14.2 Virual appliance - How can I implement Disaster Recovery for IDS in alternate data center?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 11:40 AM
    Supported Disaster Recovery for vAPP is documented here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-suite/14-3/EN/ca-identity-suite-reference-architecture/foundation-physical-architecture/foundation-logical-architecture-and-network-context/disaster-recovery-dr-environment