IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Create SRF Script for Callback to cmdbf

Posted Sep 02, 2021 02:43 PM
    I have an IT PAM process that retrieves device information from 3rd party sources. I want to have the information retrievable via and displayed in the cmdf viewer in Service Desk. The sources use Bearer Tokens so I cannot use the existing code.  In the cmdf_metadata_viewer.js file, there is a process to do the query and presents it back to the page-

"+DAEMON_OP=CallStaticSOAPOperation" + // Soap operation
    "+CLASSNAME=com.ca.ServicePlus.pdm_rpc.cmdbfItemQuery" + // pdm_rpc class name
    "+ARG0=getCmdbfDetailView"

I want to replace this with my IT PAM process. The ajax call this is sent to expects a JS script in the response. I assume this is from the SRF script. Can anyone help or send examples of the getCmdbfDetailView process.

• 2.  RE: Create SRF Script for Callback to cmdbf

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2021 05:54 PM
    Hi Kerry,

I hope all is well for you and yours. This discussion was posted to the ITPAM discussion area. I'm honestly not too familiar yet with SRFs and what endpoints there are that might help call/launch them. I have looked around for getCmdbfDetailView process and it looks there isn't much available from our side. At least nothing that I would feel comfortable sharing on a community (DDS). You might see if the team that supports the CMDB features have any advice to share. I'm not sure if the very limited info I see is helpful, shareable, still supported, etc.. specifically as it relates to the getCmdbfDeteailView. Maybe someone else here has done work in this area - which would be great to hear from considering my limited experience with CMDB is pretty limited and hasn't gone much further than spelling CMDB. 

Best regards,
    Gregg

• 3.  RE: Create SRF Script for Callback to cmdbf

Posted Sep 02, 2021 06:03 PM
    Hi Gregg,

Thank you for the response. I'll post it there. If you have any alternative solutions to posting data back to the form, I'm open to exploring a different and hopefully easier way.