Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Question:  Can GEL script be used to import from an XLS (Excel) file?

Posted Oct 12, 2010 07:07 AM
    I have an issue.   The resources requested that I automate an "Import" of values, but they are only offering to pass the values over in an XLS format.   When I attempt to import the values, I get the result like the attached picture.    Does anyone know of a GEL to import values from XLS into temporary tables in the Clarity system?  Thanks,Lowell

• 2.  Re: Question:  Can GEL script be used to import from an XLS (Excel) file?

(That JPG was not what I was expecting!)  .XLS is a binary format, so you are not going to have much luck reading that format in anything apart from Excel...   you want "them" to send you a plain-text version of the Excel worksheet (e.g. a plain comma-sepated format etc).    Alternatively you are going to need to convert the file from .XLS to something you can read (.CSV?) successfully yourself.  Once you can read the file, you can process it in XOG/GEL/whatever....

• 3.  Re: Question:  Can GEL script be used to import from an XLS (Excel) file?

Thanks, Dave.I was racking my brain, trying to get the value imported.   I have been able to successfully load, .TXT, .CSV, etc.   But, I have not heard of .XLS.ThanksLowell