Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  how to change Default META response while virtualizing ?

Posted Sep 12, 2019 04:00 AM
    Hi,

Is there a way we can change the default META response and HTTP-Response-Code of Meta Data while virtualizing from scratch using RR pairs. 

Default META response 

<html>
    <head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
    <body>
    <h1>Not Found</h1>
    <p>The requested URL was not found on this server.</p>
    <hr/>
    <p><i>The DevTest VSE service could not match your request to a recorded request.&nbsp; Consider expanding your service image.</i></p>
    <br/><font size="-2">Produced by a DevTest virtualized web server.</font>
    </body>
    </html>

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Varun Chand

• 2.  RE: how to change Default META response while virtualizing ?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 12, 2019 04:14 AM

The metadata for the META can be con trolled via sidecar files during RR-pairs recording (search the documentation for sidecar)

The META response cannot be controlled that way, the META response as you probably know comes from the first RR pair processed. So I would always make a copy of one of the transactions, and make sure that by changing its name it would come alphabetically first in the list of RR pairs. Then change the response payload to what I wanted the META response to look like. And then I would give one of the request arguments a non-existing value such that the specific transaction which would also be created from this "meta"-rr-pair would never be matched as a specific response. (if this argument with the non-existing value is supposed to be a magic string than you also need to replace the response-value with the same non-existing string).

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 3.  RE: how to change Default META response while virtualizing ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2019 07:27 AM
    I agree with Danny if you are looking on META response. If you are looking to change the default "No Match" response then I don't think there is a way to achieve that. The below response is by design. You can modify it after creating the VSI.

<html>
    <head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>
    <body>
    <h1>Not Found</h1>
    <p>The requested URL was not found on this server.</p>
    <hr/>
    <p><i>The DevTest VSE service could not match your request to a recorded request.&nbsp; Consider expanding your service image.</i></p>
    <br/><font size="-2">Produced by a DevTest virtualized web server.</font>
    </body>
    </html>

• 4.  RE: how to change Default META response while virtualizing ?

Posted Sep 13, 2019 01:39 AM
    Hi Varun,

As mentioned by Danny, Sidecar is an option to manipulate the meta data for R-R based virtualization. For response change you have to edit the vsi post creation.

Thanks.
    Vaibhav J

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 5.  RE: how to change Default META response while virtualizing ?

Posted Sep 16, 2019 02:56 AM
    Thanks for the response Vaibhav

Thanks,
    Varun Chand