Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Update after changing display mappings.

Posted Aug 11, 2016 05:18 PM

There are three Status attributes for the Status Report object

They use lookup Status Report Status (user defined static) which has three values with ID's/enums 10 20 and 30.

The Overall Status attribute is calculated from these three (summing the ID's) and has display mappings

0 - 40

40 - 90

90 - 100

I think somebody recently asked about changing similar mapping and the answer was that there is no problem.

(I cannot find where the might have been, if somebody knows then please let me know)

So I went and changed

First the lookup

Then the Status Attribute display mappings

to have the new Significant Variance with ID 41

Finally the Overall Status display mappings

In the test the status attributes and display mappings including Overall Status work as desired in new Status Reports created after the changes. However for the already existing Status reports the statutes are not updated though the changes are reflected.

One of the attributes in the old report had the now deactivated value. It is not mapped any more therefore the White image.

Apparently the ID is still used because the the Overall Status is Yellow while with both the old display mapping and the new display mapping it should be Green if the ID of the White status is not used.

If the new display mappings for the Overall Status were used it should be Red, but it is Yellow which matches the old display mappings of the Overall Status,

Nika_Hadzhikidi and others: Does that mean that I have to update manually every single Status Report Status where the value is the deactivated one. I take that when I do save the Overall Status is re-calculated and displayed according to the new mappings.

Are there options for manual update?

• 2.  Re: Update after changing display mappings.

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:00 AM

If you check the DB I suspect you will see the old values, you'll need to identify and update to re-map to the new value

Sorry for original reply. I thought you had display mapping problems in your portlets, as you also need to update those too!

I.e.

• 3.  Re: Update after changing display mappings.

Posted Aug 17, 2016 05:11 AM

Yes, all the places where the lookup is used.

The open question is how to mass-replace the values which have been turned inactive with active values.

• 4.  Re: Update after changing display mappings.
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 17, 2016 05:35 AM

Fairly straight forward to XOG back in the new values and a number of different approaches for that, downside is last_updated would be changed.

Whilst not recommended, if you have DB access you could also do a direct update of the old values in the table.

The other dirty option is to create a portlet off the system provider and grid edit all the values 50 at a time

• 5.  Re: Update after changing display mappings.

Posted Aug 17, 2016 06:10 AM

Thanks am1

Xoging would be more or less a pain because it brings all the OOTB attributes. Search replace would do the trick in one go in the XML file if that is manageable size.

Direct DB edit wold be the last resort if everything else is impractical.

Luckily it is an Object so and Object based portlet allows to edit the values. Using a power filter bringing out only the records where update is needed reduces the number of records to less than 10 %. So that is very practical.