DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2014 02:44 PM

CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download.  Please read the news item announcing the official release: https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/7832/7832_9_4_GA_Announcement.pdf

Key Content:  Following is the key content within this release:

• Nimsoft Monitor Integration for Servers
    • Support for LACP
    • Support for Multi-Instance VC AIM
    • Support for FIPS 256
    • IP Services Related Enhancements (MPLS & VPN Manager)
    • Operational Efficiency Improvements
    • Community Voted Enhancements
    • Support for CA EEM 12 and CABI 3.3 SP1
    • Over 190 Certification Updates
    • Further Commitment to Quality Improvements

Downloading:  Customers can download 9.4.0 along with CABI 3.3 from the Download Center at https://support.ca.com/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=navurl://6e2ea4283f151535f050cbc261ed265d

This release allows you to select individual operating systems for downloading. We have also included the 9.4.0 Release Notes, Checksums and a Quick Start Guide as selectable downloads.

Note: CA Spectrum Device Based Suite r9.4.0 will be the only CA Spectrum product choice.  If not seen, please contact your CA Account team for assistance.

Proactive FAQ, Knowledgebase Docs & Tech Tips:  Your support team has created a 9.4.0 FAQ and several Knowledgebase Docs as well as Tech Tips.  Please visit the CA Spectrum product page for the FAQ (posted under News) and KBs, and new Discussions for the Tech Tips.

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2014 11:54 PM

Awesome, thanks Rene for getting this posting.

As we had promised, we published the list of certifications in this release (the cert website will be updated by next week).

Also there was a request to post fix list.

Please see attached the fixed list for Spectrum 9.4 and for ease of access, see the certification list again.

Feedback/comments/critique very welcome as always.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Posted Jul 25, 2014 05:03 AM

Hi,

I cannot see spectrum 9.4, the link when I open it showing me infrastructure insight Ver 1.0

is this the new name for spectrum?

regards

Franklin

• 4.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 08:39 AM

Hi Franklin,

Are you on the latest "Device Based Suite" pricing? The codes in the backend are now associated with only that SKU.

The most likely reason is your are on an older SKU.

I would suggest you talk to your account person and initiate moving to device based pricing.

Feel free to reach out to be separately if you want to discuss the pricing further.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 5.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Posted Aug 16, 2014 02:04 AM

Hi there!!

How can I download, CA spectrum 9.4 Trial Version.

• 6.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 12:26 AM

Hello,

Given 9.4 is now GA, you can download the GA version and try it in your lab.

Also, do note that you need to move to the new device based pricing.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 7.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Posted Feb 12, 2015 04:01 PM

Hello Kiran,

When would the Netapp MIB be updated in Spectrum and trap support correctly mapped? It seems that 9.3 still has the Netapp MIB from 2005 (~10 years old). There are newer versions available for this MIB from 2013.

Thanks,

Ankur

• 8.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2015 12:22 AM

Hi Ankur,

Good point - we are still trying to prioritize our backlog for non-Cisco and non-Juniper devices - we have quite a few we need to take care of.

Can you open a support ticket for this with all teh details? Support will route this cert update request to my team and we will take it from there - sounds ok?

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

• 9.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Posted Feb 17, 2015 09:16 PM

Hi Kiran,

Sounds good. I have opened case 00029623: NETAPP-MIB Update to track this issue. Also, I have uploaded the latest NETAPP-MIB that I had as well. Please let me know when this MIB is added to Spectrum.

Thanks,

Ankur

• 10.  Re: CA Spectrum® r9.4.0 is now available for download

Posted Apr 10, 2015 06:05 PM

Hello Kiran,

I have opened case 00029623: NETAPP-MIB Update around 2 months back. Any updates on this case?

Keep in mind, the current Netapp mappings are 10 years old, so it should be prioritized and added in the next release. It is not an easy process to override the existing mappings in Spectrum unless we manually alter the AlertMap files with the new varbind OIDs.

Also, is there a list of new certifications that will be added in the next release?

I appreciate your assistance.

Ankur