Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Bulk Load Client - Loader Actions Mapping

Posted Feb 01, 2018 04:55 AM

CA Identity Manager 14.1 

Requirement

We will have a daily CSV feed from HR, that contains all the updated users (both new and existing ones); we would like to automate the creation and updating by Bulk Load Client execution.

Issue

The Admin Task named Bulk Loader has the configuration option to trigger two different tasks (step: Loader Actions Mapping), one for existing user on the other for non-existing, for the same action (e.g. create)

The Bulk Load Client, required to automate the process, does not seem to have the same flexibility becase there is only one to one mapping between action and task (property: actionToTaskMapping) but I would like to choose the triggered task (Create User or Modify User), for the same action, based on the existence of the user.

Sample Bulk Client Properties file

primaryObject=USER
    uniqueIdentifierAttrName=%EMPLOYEE_NUMBER%
    actionAttrName=action
    actionToTaskMapping= create.CreateUser, modify.ModifyUser

Is there a way to archive this requirement?

Thanks and regards,

Gabriele

• 2.  Re: Bulk Load Client - Loader Actions Mapping
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2018 07:55 AM

Hi Gabriele, did you follow what's documented for Bulk Load Client configuration here and it did not work?

Configuring the Bulk Load Client - CA Identity Management & Governance Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation 

As the documentation says, this is what you need to specify if you want to create a user when the user does not exist during modify operations:

• "create.Create User;modify.Modify User.Create User;delete.Delete User”, when the Administrator wants to create a user if the requested user does not exist for modification

KR
    Russi

• 3.  RE: Bulk Load Client - Loader Actions Mapping

Posted Feb 19, 2020 01:14 AM
    Hi Gabriele,

The same requirement for me too, will you please share the steps to perform this task.

• 4.  RE: Bulk Load Client - Loader Actions Mapping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 02:30 AM
    Hi Gabriele
    If I understand correctly, you want to configure a main and an alternative to the same action.
    As per the documentation https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-management-and-governance-connectors/1-0/bulk-load-client/configuring-the-bulk-load-client.html there can be done as following:
    "create.Create User;modify.Modify User.Create User;delete.Delete User"

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Rinat

• 5.  RE: Bulk Load Client - Loader Actions Mapping

Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:32 AM
    Hi Rinat,

Let me know the format of CSV to be used to upload through bulk load.

Also please provide me the steps to configure bulk load .

• 6.  RE: Bulk Load Client - Loader Actions Mapping

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 06:58 AM
    Hi Esther
    The manual referenced earlier contains the exact steps to configure the bulk load client
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-identity-and-access-management/identity-management-and-governance-connectors/1-0/bulk-load-client/configuring-the-bulk-load-client.html
    Also, we include samples CSV under the Bulk Loader client - of course, this will have to be adapted to reflect the exact configuration you are using for Create / Delete / Modify User tasks - attributes and values which might be unique to your setup