DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  uimapi and computer system calls

Posted Jul 23, 2019 02:30 PM
    So, I have been working with the uimapi for RESTful web service calls and noticed that there are some strange differences and similarities between webservices_rest.
    When trying to use the maintenance_mode calls, you first must create the schedule and then add the robots desired to that existing schedule.  BUT, in order to add the robots to the schedule, you need the 'cs' integer for the robot - which the Swagger documentation has no reference to!
    In the old webservices_rest you had computer system calls to get that information but I cannot find this anywhere as to how you are supposed to be able to get that integer value for use in adding robots to the maintenance schedule.
    Am I missing something or is there some hidden nugget of information that Broadcom can share?

• 2.  RE: uimapi and computer system calls

Posted Jul 23, 2019 05:37 PM
    My guess is that it is cs_id which you can get from the db. 
    select cs_id, name, ip FROM CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: uimapi and computer system calls

Posted Jul 24, 2019 03:35 AM
    David

We are just about to start down the same path, and the reason for using the api is so we have a standard supported stable entry, and not directly into the db
    • ,which we will not have direct access to, especially from the location where the api is being called from and,
    • can change as CA/Broadcom updates or changes the DB schema.

The restful api needs to support this functionality just as the old webservices_rest api did, perhaps in a different call structure but we need the functionality.

Do we need to open an issue to get this functionality fixed?

Thanks, Andrew

And please do not say ideation as this existed, and without depreciation has been removed.

Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic

• 4.  RE: uimapi and computer system calls

Posted Jul 24, 2019 09:27 AM
    Perfect your answer Andrew Cooper​.

Very nice !!!!!!

• 5.  RE: uimapi and computer system calls

Posted Jul 24, 2019 09:05 AM
    Without having the computer system calls, the only other option I see available is to use the /robots call filtered by robotName, this will give you the devId, then you need to use the devId in the /inventory/element/active call which returns the csKey and csId.  Pretty convoluted when webservices_rest computer system call details using cs_name or IP returned it on one call.