Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  Error in TDM Portal

Posted Jan 15, 2021 06:21 AM
    Hi,

I see the below error all of a sudden under "Environments" and the environment which was created also not showing up here.  How can i proceed here?
    I am trying to create self-service catalog. But struck with this one. Kindly help

Could not perform the action because of an internal server problem. Refer to logs for more information.

The server replied: Server encountered an error processing the request. See server logs for more details

• 2.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 08:29 AM
    Hi,

I would start by checking that the OrientDB windows service is running and also review the startup.log file in this location for errors C:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\logs

------------------------------
    Regards

Keith Puzey
    Client Services Consultant | Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Posted Jan 15, 2021 08:45 AM
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply!

Please find few lines from log files. (orient DB and  startuplog files both)

i see this error in Startuplog:
    in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.LoggerAction - Setting level of logger [org.springframework.web.socket.config.WebSocketMessageBrokerStats] to ERROR

Sorry,  i am not sure of this. Could you please help me with resolution?  

Files attached.

Thanks
    Rama

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2021 09:10 AM
    Hi,

The OrientDB log shows that the service has shutdown can you stop the orientdb service / delete the orientdb log and then start the orientdb service and then post the log file.

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Posted Jan 15, 2021 11:03 AM
    Thanks Keith!  Learnt new thing today :)
    I restarted CA TDM portal and Orient DB and it worked . Thanks much for your kind help!

• 6.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Posted Jan 18, 2021 01:29 PM
    Hello Keith,

Am also experiencing with the exact same issue with the portal. I looked at the startup log and found that the log has so many of the below mentioned exception.

"The background cache eviction process was unable to free [10] percent of the cache for Context [/TestDataManager] - consider increasing the maximum size of the cache. After eviction approximately [9,258] KB of data remained in the cache."

Also found that the OrientDB was in shutdown state and I have started it now. Please let me know the process of increasing the cache size. I will give a try and update you.

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2021 08:34 AM
    Hi,

Could you check the OrientDB logs to see if any errors were logged that would indicate why the service was shut down, the logs can be found here - C:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\orientdb\log   . 

@Abderrahmane Zahrir any suggestions on the cache question?

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2021 11:54 AM
    Can you please edit 'CA Test Data Manager Portal\tomcat\conf\context.xml'
    then add within the xml Context element ...  the following 

<!-- The default value is 10240 kbytes, even when not added to context.xml.
    So increase it high enough, until the problem disappears, for example set it to
    a value 5 times as high: 51200. -->
    <Resources cacheMaxSize="51200" />

restart the portal

More info @ https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26893297/tomcat-8-throwing-org-apache-catalina-webresources-cache-getresource-unable-to

Regards, Dahman

• 9.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Posted Jan 19, 2021 12:23 PM
    Thank you @Abderrahmane Zahrir and @Keith Puzey for your inputs!!

We worked with @Bradley Gray and @Tuan Tran and they helped us uninstall and reinstall the portal components which resolved the issue. Once again thank you for support. THanks!

​​​​

• 10.  RE: Error in TDM Portal

Posted Jan 19, 2021 05:13 PM
    Hey Sethu,

We are facing the same issue. and portal doesn't come up because of this.  is this the same problem for you? is portal coming up for you with that error?

Thanks
    IHG
    Rajesh