CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to set up a Notification based on the Affected End User's special handling status?

Posted Jul 16, 2018 02:17 PM

I am trying to set up an event that will trigger a separate notification to go to the help desk superiors every time an incident or request is opened with a VIP (or other special handling) as the affected end user.  I understand the portion of setting up the macro that will get the message to the right people but am having difficulty setting up the initial trigger that checks for the VIP status.

I did see this post but we do not have a group for VIPs:

https://communities.ca.com/message/241863210?commentID=241863210#comment-241863210

We are currently running 14.1 but plan on upgrading to 17.1 within the next few months.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to set up a Notification based on the Affected End User's special handling status?

Posted Jul 16, 2018 02:36 PM

I would personnaly create custom condition that loops into the special handling of a user and check for one named "***".

If found return true else return false.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to set up a Notification based on the Affected End User's special handling status?

Posted Jul 17, 2018 04:17 PM

Okay I understand what you are saying in theory but am having difficulty pulling it off in the app.

First, from this article How to create event and macro for Special handling contacts Jon Israel indicates that detection of special handling requires custom spel code.  I am not familiar with spel code and have been strongly cautioned against making any modifications/customizations to the product. 

Second, for the condition you stated as 'checking for one named "***" '.  Did you mean to actually enter the names of the users as a Data Value or mark it with a 'Not Empty/Null' operator?

Thank you for your response.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to set up a Notification based on the Affected End User's special handling status?

Posted Jul 18, 2018 09:28 AM

I ain't no spel Guru like daniel-bighelini or cdtj so they may help you better.

I did not test it since i have no time for that but i quickly typed this in notepad. It won't work right away but the base logic is here.

You need to create a site defined condition and edit the "macro code" attribute and put something like this :

object list_handlings;
    int i,found;

send_wait(0,top_object(),"call_attr","contact_handling","sync_fetch","STATIC", "contact = ?",-1,1, this.customer);
    list_handlings = msg[0];

for(i=0;i<list_handlings.length;i++)
    {
    if(list_handlings[i].special_handling.sym == "the special handling you want")
    { found=1;}
    }

if(found==1)
    return true;
    else
    return false;

And for your fear of spelcode, when you create a site defined condition with the atomic condition section, it generates spelcode. Since the atomic condition section is "limited", you type the code directly. 

And as a tip, always copy your code in the description or somewhere else because if you edit a site define condition with no atomic condition and change nothing, it will erase what you have in the code section

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to set up a Notification based on the Affected End User's special handling status?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2018 09:49 AM

You will need change detail_macro.htmpl replacing the lines below:

<!--PDM_LIST PREFIX=list WHERE="code !='ACT' AND code !='COND' AND code != 'CAWF' AND code != 'ITPAM'" FACTORY=macro_type-->
    <PDM_LIST PREFIX=list WHERE="code != 'CAWF' AND code != 'ITPAM'" FACTORY=macro_type>

<!--PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly hdr="Código da macro" attr=usr_string1 colspan=3-->
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlTextbox hdr="Código da macro" attr=usr_string1 colspan=3 rows=20 size=140>

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to set up a Notification based on the Affected End User's special handling status?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 09:48 AM

RichFTB 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.