Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Earned Value Management (EVM) Reports in PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 27, 2016 10:40 AM

CA PPM Team,

I am an Advisor in the Agile BU. We are working with a customer in the Federal Govt. space that has requests for Earned Value Management (EVM) reports around projects. I did a search on EVM in the PPM Community and from what I can tell CA PPM provides EVM reporting. Is that correct?

Q: If I am correct that EVM reporting is a capability or feature of CA PPM then would it be safe to assume that if we have CA PPM and CA Agile Central (Rally) integrated then the status of Agile Projects can rollup into CA PPM and EVM reports can be generated from there for Agile Projects?

• 2.  Re: Earned Value Management (EVM) Reports in PPM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2016 05:58 PM

Hello Christopher,

CA PPM provides EVM reporting, that is correct. Earned Value Manager is a separate add in to the base CA PPM and provides the following features:

• Define the Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) associated with a contract program.
    • Define burdening matrices for indirect cost elements. Together with the product's existing rate matrix, which defines the direct cost structure for a resource, the matrices form a flexible means for costing out fully burdened project resource costs.
    • Link work packages with projects and project tasks for reporting earned value on the scheduled work that is delivered by the control account.
    • Generate historical earned value metrics for the contract work breakdown structure (CWBS) hierarchy.
    • Report on contract performance measurements using industry-standard Contract Performance Reports (CPR) formats 1-5.

(Refer the link for a full documentation Earned Value Manager Product Guide - On Demand Service Pack 02.0.02 )

Based on my understanding of Rally integration with PPM, the Cost Reporting is "under consideration" in the next PPM release.

Thank you,

Ruchika

• 3.  Re: Earned Value Management (EVM) Reports in PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 12:41 PM

Hello Ruchika_Israni,

Thank you very much for your detailed response. This is helpful and good for us to know that EVM reporting is in CA PPM. That gives us an option when clients request that. CA Agile Central doesn't provide it but generally we can propose the integration from CA Agile Central to PPM to provide that type of report.

Phase 2 of the CA PPM + CA Agile Central integration will provide data integration for Time Sheets/Time Entry and Resources. Hopefully that will be data that will help CA PPM generate the financial reports. That is my understanding or thoughts.

Christopher