Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Starting the virtual service via LIsa Invoke API

Posted Oct 22, 2019 10:46 AM
    Hi All,

I want to start the virtual service which is down ( via API call through java )

I need to start the service for which I tried

http://<<VSE server name>>/api/Dcm/VSEs/{ServiceName}/{VirtualServiceName}/actions/start

If I post the above in browser , I am getting "1008 Method Not Allowed"

Pls let me know how to start the virtual service via API.

• 2.  RE: Starting the virtual service via LIsa Invoke API
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2019 11:23 AM

Hi,

From the Lisa-Invoke-2.0 interface description:

POST /VSEs/{serviceName}/{virtualServiceName}/actions/start

Start a virtual service in a VSE

You need to do a POST, you cannot do this in a browser, this will always be a GET. Instead use POSTMAN, or curl, or ... where you can do a POST

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 3.  RE: Starting the virtual service via LIsa Invoke API

Posted Oct 23, 2019 03:18 AM
    Thanks for the response. I tried the post call in DevTest itself and got the authorization error. Later after providing the credentials I was able to start the virtual services via Lisa Invoke API call.

• 4.  RE: Starting the virtual service via LIsa Invoke API

Posted Oct 23, 2019 02:43 AM
    Hi Kavitha,

You can use below format for a POST call:

http://<<VSE server name>>:[port]/api/Dcm/VSEs/{serviceName}/{virtualServiceName}/actions/start/

serviceName = VSE Name (by default the VSE name is "VSE")
    virtualServiceName = Virtual Service Name

Another option is to invoke the cmd utility VSE Manager to start the service with the below format command:
    VSEManager [--registry name | --vse nameofVSE| --username=username |--password=password ] --start vs-name

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini
    ------------------------------