Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  New Timesheets UX : total slider unusable when customizing calendars when Display Unit = "Days"

Posted Jul 15, 2019 02:44 PM
    Hi All,

It seems the new Timesheets UX is confusing for users who work 4 hours per day when the configuration field Display Unit is set to Days in Administration :: Timesheet options.

Here is an example :
    My resource testLeo is working 4 hours each morning from monday to friday, so he should work 20 hours per week. This is set in its calendar by configuring its shifts.

This is one of its Timesheets when Display Unit  is set to Hours :

I filled each working day with 4 hours, everything works fine for the moment.

Now, this is the same Timesheets when Display Unit  is set to Days :

Two things are bothering me here :
    • The TimeSheet is filled with five times 0,5 days. It could make sense and I could make it work with my users, but it's really not accurate. My user worked full days. He works 4 hours per day, but those are still technically full days.
    • That 2,5/5 slider, on the other hand, can't be sold to my users. And I can't blame them : if only it displayed 2,5/2,5 it wouldn't give the impression the resource didn't work at max availability. Right now, it shows something is wrong when the TimeSheet is filled out properly.
    But this isn't the worse case scenario yet. If testLeo fills its TimeSheet (naturally, with five times 1 day) when Display Unit  is set to Days, Clarity clearly implies that everything is fine : 

But of couse, when I set Display Unit to Hours :
    So I'm a bit lost here :
    • Am I missing something? Did I forget to configure something ?
    • If not, is it a know bug ? Is there a quick fix or patch? Is a resolution announced yet ? I searched for a while but couldn't find anything…

Thanks in advance ! Best regards,
    Léo

• 2.  RE: New Timesheets UX : total slider unusable when customizing calendars when Display Unit = "Days"
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 15, 2019 03:12 PM
    I do not think you are missing anything. That is the way system works.
    When you have hours then the availability comes from the resource specific calendar which you have configured.
    When you have set the display unit of effort to days the the conversion is done with the length of the working day in the base calendar not the length of the working day in the resource specific calendar as you (and myriad of others) expect.
    Therefore eg in you last example 5 days for Leo is 5 * 8 = 40 hours and not 5 * 4 = 20 hours.
    That is something you have to live with.

• 3.  RE: New Timesheets UX : total slider unusable when customizing calendars when Display Unit = "Days"

Posted Jul 16, 2019 12:11 PM
    Thank you for answering so quickly ! We'll try to make it work this way then.