CA Service Management

View Only

Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (February 2017)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (February 2017)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 01:53 PM

Miss the February Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in March for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a few minutes.
    from J.W. to Everyone: Good morndaynight, Everyone.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Small group today but let's go ahead and get started!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Ready for questions:)
    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone: @J.W.: Good morning. Thanks for joining us today.
    from J.W. to Everyone: SDM integrated with PAM. Using std. SOAP operator to SDM in a process that starts by get a SID. This operator may be hours or days away from the stqrt. Where do I capture the session login failure in Exception Handing to retry the login.? I don't see the place where it is setting the sosf flag.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Be sure to join us for the CA Service Management Community Webcast - Making ITSM Exciting: The CA Service Management Vision and Roadmap – Feb 14th 11AM ET - https://communities.ca.com/events/3383
    from stephanie to Everyone: does anyone know how to log same comment in multiple tickets? do not have the option in edit in list
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - question, are you also using Catalog on the system where you are using PAM here?
    from stephanie to Everyone: we use catalog and PAM but this is in service desk. We have alot of tickets to close out and all need comments
    from stephanie to Everyone: can close with edit in list
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - if so, we know for sure that the out of the box catalog pam processes have exception handling in them for this which can provide you with an example on how that is captured.
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - since comments go into the activity log, you would not be able to edit that via edit-in-list as that is only for static/single fields. Can you tell us if these tickets are related using a parent-child relationshp in some way, or are they all totally separate?
    from J.W. to Everyone: I know I'm looking for Error Code 1010 when it fails.
    from stephanie to Everyone: totally separate
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon. No. just SDM and PAM
    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone: @Everyone - Did you know CA Service Management 17.0 is coming ? Join us through the validation program to get a hands-on preview of the release capabilities.
    CA Service Management 17.0 Validation site - https://validate.ca.com/project/home.html?cap=F2B02079ABFA495D81344D57E4E09310
    You’ll need to register to access the validation space. Registration link – https://validate.ca.com/callout/?callid={D3C08DBB-B12E-4E35-A955-405C5F71D43A}
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon. I do have the ITIL content installed and have the Exception Handling tab with the 3 standard handlers. But it doesn't see the error.
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - you could probably use a batch file file the text_api (pdm_text command) to add a comment to each of those. If you are using maileater you can also do it that way by sending emails for each ticket with the update in it. The other option is to use web services.
    from stephanie to Everyone: when will 17.0 be released
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - I would recommend opening a case under SDM/PAM to have an engineer look at this with you to see if we can figure out the best way to handle that particular exception.
    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - 17.0 release is expected to go GA in Q2 Calendar Year 2017.
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon. I was hoping it was a product issues, pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. Can't find my notes from class or the last PAM project I did. Thanks.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Ready for more questions!
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon, sorry, hoping it WASN"T a product issue.
    from stephanie to Everyone: that would be alot of emails going to maileater unless i read the spreadsheet somehow. Thanks for the suggestions
    from Richard to Everyone: Is there a way to reference the group of the 'Reported By' user? I need to be able to do this to send notifications when an issue is resolved to the group the originally created the ticket. I have found the 'log_agent' but I have only seen where the UUID, last name, or combo name are used.
    from stephanie to Everyone: has anyone worked with BMC footprints and creating tickets from service desk into footprints
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @JW - no worries, a case will help us to sort it out. We dont think its a product issue, but rather more of a configuration/setup type of thing.
    from J.W. to Everyone: @Jon, thanks. Thanks everyone, see you next month.
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Richard - I dont believe that there is a contact object atribute to represent the "Reported By User's Group" unfortunately.
    from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone: @Stephanie - I do not have direct experience, but does FootPrint have WebServices capability
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Richard - The only thing I can think of is to set the "reported by" field to be the original group rather the individual.
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Richard - you would have to have the "group email address" set on the group (like a D-list)
    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie: On BMC Footprints question, what's the use case you are looking at? This may be a good topic for discussion in CA Service Management Community - https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-service-management
    from stephanie to Everyone: i did post to community and no one has answered
    from Richard to Everyone: @Jon - That might work. It would still show the user creating the ticket in the log. We do currently use the group email addresses as part of or SLA emails.
    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone: @Richard - so then that may work for you
    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie: Thanks! I see the topic in Community.
    from stephanie to Everyone: in catalog i can restrict viewing of certain offerings by roles?
    from Carol Piccus to Everyone: @Stephanie - we will have your account team reach out to have a deeper discussion around your question about BMC Footprints so that we can identify the best approach.
    from stephanie to Everyone: that would be great
    from stephanie to Everyone: thanks
    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie - Yes. You can restrict Service Offering access in Service Catalog by Roles and Groups.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Anymore questions for us today?
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: If not, we'll let the east coast go enjoy their blizzard:)
    from Richard to Everyone: Thanks for that
    from stephanie to Everyone: just about all our users have request manager so i should be able to restrict by groups
    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone: @Stephanie: Yes.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK. We're wrapping up for today. Thanks for participating and join us back here in March!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Thanks again everyone!