DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  WLC Manager - is it possible to hide all links between Controller and all WALN-APs?

Posted Mar 19, 2018 10:09 AM

Hi all,

we have to hide all Connections from WLAN-Controllers (Cisco) to the WALN-Accesspoints. The customer has around 200 Locations worldwide and central controllers. In the Topology most Links between locations are these WLAN-Relations and drawn as Links.

Is it possible to hide only these Associations???

If not, I will write an enhancement-request to do so.

I have checked the settings in the WLC-Manager in 10.2.3 and there is nothing to do so. Is there perhaps a hidden Attribute of the WLC-Manager to hide these Links?

Best Regards

Erich

• 2.  Re: WLC Manager - is it possible to hide all links between Controller and all WALN-APs?

Posted Apr 06, 2018 10:18 AM

None that I am aware of

• 3.  Re: WLC Manager - is it possible to hide all links between Controller and all WALN-APs?

Posted May 18, 2018 02:56 AM

Hello e.heinemann, all,

being in your situation, I would try to understand why there are connections drawn between the WLAN access points and the controller at all. In a normal deploymment, the access points are physically connected to local access switches, not to the controller. Have these connections been created manually (if so: why) or automatically by Spectrum?

Also, I would like to remind anybody, especially CA, about two existing ideas related to this:

Use CDP for WLC Manager 

CDP Discovery, Modeling, and Reporting Enhancements 

regards,
    Raphael

• 4.  Re: WLC Manager - is it possible to hide all links between Controller and all WALN-APs?

Posted Aug 27, 2018 06:46 AM

Hi Raphael,

the customer is using the WLC and the features of Spectrum 10.2

All "logical" Links between the WLC and the APs are shown.