DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ORA Error

• 1.  ORA Error

Posted Sep 14, 2019 05:04 PM
    Hi 

i want to monitor all ora error coming in the oracle error log with the message displaying the error code and the meaning of error displayed in the logs
    what watcher should i set in logmon to get the message as required

regards
    nijin

• 2.  RE: ORA Error

Posted Sep 15, 2019 03:53 AM
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/logmon-log-monitoring/logmon-use-case-examples#logmonUseCaseExamples-Monitoralogfileusingregularexpressionandusethematchedstringasthealarmmessage

• 3.  RE: ORA Error

Posted Sep 15, 2019 04:24 PM
    hi luc 

i have read the docops for logmon i am able to generate alarm for ora errors from log but what i want from logmon is to specify the error code after ora in message of alarm like if ORA-1564 the message should display the whole error code but instead i am onlyable to create message ORA- 

need some suggestion to get the whole code in the alarm

regards
    nijin

• 4.  RE: ORA Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2019 07:55 PM
    Hi 

You can specify regex to match entire string example below in the Match Expression
    /.*ORA.*/

Also in the message to send on match you can type $ to get list of variables from the matched line or put youe own custom message

• 5.  RE: ORA Error

Posted Sep 16, 2019 12:53 PM
    hi 

i have tried this already and the alarms created only have message ORA- so please suggest any other watcher rule which could help me the get whole message in the alarms for eg:- if the ora error in the log is ORA-1654 the alarm should display ORA-1654 in the message.

Regards
    Nijin

• 6.  RE: ORA Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2019 04:45 PM
    please attach the log file and the logmon.cfg so we can help.
    Just saying it does not work without providing details on exactly what you are doing will not allow us to help in any way.
    If the example @Franklin Ravi D'souza provided was not clear please show us what you did exactly and we will try to help.
    The basic information provide will do what you are looking to do.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: ORA Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2019 08:31 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi 

Also try with latest logmon 4.11
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/logmon-log-monitoring/logmon-log-monitoring-release-notes

Also possible your matched line is too large so send the log file and config and what you have exactly configured as @Gene Howard mentioned if issue persists

See logmon_example1.docx attached as simple example 

​​

Attachment(s)

docx
    logmon_example1.docx   285 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: ORA Error

Posted Sep 17, 2019 05:51 PM
    hi 

so an example of error message is posted below

now from the error i want to monitor any error which starts from ORA- for that i have put the format rule as belo

and the matched rule i set is as below

now the message should any error code present in log after ORA- in the alarm message like in this case i have ora-1654 so it should display ORA-1654 in alarm message 
    but in the log different error code will be present like maybe 6342 so i don't want to set different watcher for all of them just one watcher which would monitor all ORA error codes and display same code in the alarm message

Regards
    Nijin

• 9.  RE: ORA Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2019 09:00 PM
    Hi 

Dont need a format rule in profile 

Just create watcher rule  with regex to match as per your requirement , one example below 

/.*ORA.*/