DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can dashboards in UIM be tied down to an origin without using a context selector?

Posted Aug 26, 2016 06:25 AM

I'm creating dashboards for an MSP which has several different customers. I wanted to find a way of setting the origin of a dashboard to each customer without displaying a context selector with origin and without having to change each SQL query.

Does anyone know if this can be done, or is changing the SQL query for each dashboard the only way?

#caunifiedinfrastructuremanagement#dashboarduim8.4

• 2.  Re: Can dashboards in UIM be tied down to an origin without using a context selector?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 09:42 AM

Hi,

If you are using the same dashboard for multiple client with custom sql queries I do not know of any other way to change the origin at run time other than with the context selector.

• 3.  Re: Can dashboards in UIM be tied down to an origin without using a context selector?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 28, 2016 11:15 AM

If the login accounts have restricted security and are assigned to specific origins then the data will be filtered by that list of assigned origins automatically. There are some global variables in the new dashboard tool ${originsSqlList} that you can use in an arbitrary SQL statement. These don't work with the standard Nimsoft bus logins though.

-Garin

• 4.  Re: Can dashboards in UIM be tied down to an origin without using a context selector?

Posted Sep 01, 2016 11:23 AM

Thanks guys