Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Project's Financial Plan by Task Charge Code

Posted Oct 25, 2018 05:21 PM

A number of projects with a Capital Charge Code have a mix of tasks with Capital and Expense Charge Codes. When I'm viewing a financial plan for cost based on allocations into the future, the rates pulled from the rate matrix only look at the project's Charge Code. 

For example, if someone is assigned to a project 100% for Q4 with a Capitalization % of 50%, the projected costs are the same.

Is there a way for me to view cost plans where the Capitalization % uses the rate in the rate matrix for Capital Charge Code and the remaining allocation uses the rate in the rate matrix associated with the Operating Charge Code? Can I view cost plans by task charge code instead of project? 

• 2.  Re: Project's Financial Plan by Task Charge Code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2018 03:54 PM

If you 'populate from Investment TEAM' and group by charge code & cost type, you will get the cost type of capital or operating based on the Staff Member's 'Capitalization%' value and the PROJECT Charge Code.

If you 'populate from Task Assignments' and group by charge code & cost type, you will get the TASK charge code & TASK cost type values from the Task Assignment.