Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  dataMacro keeps on returning a string

Posted May 10, 2018 11:21 AM

Hey PPM Community,

I'm trying to create a process the will kick off a day before the Target resolution date. I've tried to use dataMacro in an expression, but it returns a string and not a date.

issue.thisIssue.target_resolve_date > (date("today"))  provides a date once evaluated

w/dateMacro

issue.thisIssue.target_resolve_date > (dateMacro("prevDay")) provides the string 'prevDay' once evaluated

Looking for some help to understand why dataMacro isn't providing a date. Is there an alternative to kick a process a day before a date.

• 2.  Re: dataMacro keeps on returning a string

Posted Jun 04, 2018 09:09 AM

Date functions are very limited in process conditions.  Couple way I have worked around this in the past: create an attribute which captures the date to which I want to compare; write a process which runs daily and runs a gel script to do the date evaluation and updates object instances as needed.

• 3.  Re: dataMacro keeps on returning a string

Posted Jun 10, 2018 11:13 PM

Please note that even if you found a solution to the date challenge, it still won't work.  In your case, the process I assume is on the Object Issue.  For Auto-Start process, it is on Create and/or Update.  In your case, I believe the Issue is not being created or updated, I think the criteria is Target Resolution Date equals (Today + 1), the user may not have updated the Issue for this to occur, it is time moving on and you are sending an alert to the user to review the Target Resolution Date as it is about to expire.

Please review Tim's suggestion.