Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Adding the Portfolio Investment Object and % Complete Attribute to the Data Warehouse

Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:38 PM

Good afternoon!  We are wondering if it's possible to add the Portfolio Investment Object to the Data Warehouse.  Also the % Complete Attribute from the Project Object.  We are trying to create reports using Jaspersoft and there is no domain for Portfolio Investment.  We also cannot find % Complete.  We believe this is due to the fact that they aren't part of the Data Warehouse.  We are needing to add specifically these two attributes to our reports:  % Complete (which is from the Project Object) and Rank (which is from the Portfolio Investment Object).  Any ideas?  Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Adding the Portfolio Investment Object and % Complete Attribute to the Data Warehouse

Posted Sep 17, 2016 10:22 AM

I think they are working on those items.

For portfolio object, use the PPM DB for now.

Then there are at least three options for % complete.  

A) Create a virtual attribute from the % complete and include that in the DWH.

B) Use the PPM / Transactional DB for your query.

C) If SaaS use a DB link from the DWH to the PPM DB to pull in that attribute. A few attributes should not hurt report performance too bad.

• 3.  Re: Adding the Portfolio Investment Object and % Complete Attribute to the Data Warehouse

Posted Sep 19, 2016 05:16 PM

Thank you, AustinCA, for your response.  I do want to add some information as well as ask for clarification.  We are currently using version 14.2 and are OnDemand.  Here are my responses to your suggestions (and please note that I am not very technical but trying to learn and hold down the fort since our technical resource left last October!!)

A)  I am not seeing any % Complete Attributes in the Portfolio Object.  I am also not seeing an option to create Virtual Attributes in the Portfolio Object

B)  I have no idea what this means

C)  Yes, we are SaaS, but I have no idea how to link

I appreciate your willingness to help!