Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Task Finish Date is changed automatically

• 1.  Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 06, 2016 01:21 AM

I am using CA PPM 13.3

I have some case that Task Finish Date is changed automatically. I can not track and see the cause for this. Anyone who found same behavior. please help. Anyway to protect this event, please share ?

System Time Period: 27 Jun - 30 Jun

Before Post timesheet

Task Finish Date 30 Jun 2016

Assignment Finish Date 30 Jun 2016

Post Time sheet schedule 30 Jun 2015: 23.45

After Post Timesheet

Task Finish Date : 1 July 1016

Assignment Finish Date 30 Jun 2016

Task ETC = 0

• 2.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2016 02:14 AM

Hi,

Can you please let me know the Actuals thru date on the task?

Also is there any actuals entered against this task?

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 06, 2016 03:19 AM

Actuals thru date = 30 June

And there is actual entered for this task.

Also, there is some actual for another task in another project on 30 Jun 16

User don't clock timesheet in next period.

• 4.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 06, 2016 04:05 AM

End dates will move automatically when time is posted to the task.

Are you looking in the system for the "Task Finish Date" or directly on the database?

(there are some 'features' to do with end-dates of things that the database stores as "date 00:00:00" (i.e. midnight) and the application interprets as "date-1")

The date as displayed in the application is the 'right' date.

• 5.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 11, 2016 11:19 PM

Where the table and column that I can query for actual thru date for task ?

• 6.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:13 AM

Dear Morton,

Can you share which feature that you mentioned above ??

• 7.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 20, 2016 03:52 AM

juu wrote:

Dear Morton,

Can you share which feature that you mentioned above ??

I am just referring to the fact that the application stores dates on the database in a way that you do not necessarily understand ; i.e. if you look at a database-date then this might be different to the same date as displayed in the application (because of the way that the application logic works ; this is not a bug, its just the way it works).

Date does not match between Clarity view attribute and SQL Server database field

Q: Planned Cost Finish - different valude displayed in Clarity / Database ?

COP_CALC_FINISH_FCT Function

Project Finish Date in Clarity

• 8.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 08, 2016 03:04 PM

Hi juu - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 9.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 06, 2016 11:45 PM

We had similar issue and as Jerin mentioned, the task finish date was changing automatically due to Actuals Thru date.

• 10.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 11, 2016 11:15 PM

Dear Ashma,

How do u fix this issue ? Any suggestion ??

• 11.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 12, 2016 01:43 AM

You may find actuals thru in PRASSIGNMENT table col- prActThru

You may also go to project -> task -> click open a task -> and configure the assignments list view to show Actuals Thru date.

How it works is - actuals thru date equals the date of the tp the resource has entered time to (in any project) and the task finish date will change according to actuals thru date. We changed the task finish date by setting ETC to a non-zero value, as Dave suggested in below threads, for one of the resource.

You may read the threads below for details. Let me know if this helps!

"Actuals Thru" date not allowing to change Task -> Finish Date

“Actuals Thru”  issue with changing Task Finish Dates

• 12.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 12, 2016 03:32 AM

...key concept to realise is that "Actuals Through" is a property of the RESOURCE not the TASK - it is 'denormalised' onto all the resource's ASSIGNMENTS (as Ashmi indicates)

• 13.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:04 AM

Dear Ashma,

I am just confuse because actual thru date is 30/6/16 but the fishish date is shifted automatically to 1/7/16

• 14.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 20, 2016 03:34 AM

Juu - I am not sure of this. Did you contact CA support for this?

• 15.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 20, 2016 04:24 AM

juu wrote:

Dear Ashma,

I am just confuse because actual thru date is 30/6/16 but the fishish date is shifted automatically to 1/7/16

Are you looking at task finish date on the database or in the application?  (see my other comment)

• 16.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 20, 2016 09:02 PM

Have you considered turning on auditing for the Task Finish Date?  It won't answer your initial question, but assist in answering future questions relating to a task finish date moving.  You will be able to in the future check the Audit tab, and see exactly when the date changed, as well as the initial/new values of the date.

• 17.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 20, 2016 11:29 PM

Dear Roland,

I did it and found that finsih date was changed by admin and timestamp showed that it was happend after my schedule post timesheet was run.  The schedule was set to 23.45.

• 18.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 21, 2016 04:41 AM

Dear Roland,

As audit trail, Finish date was changed at 23.46 on 30/6/16. And user found that task finish date was shifted to 1/7/16.

I have no idea which system/ internal process that made task finish date was different from actual thru date.

Any idea ??

Regards,

Sununta S.

• 19.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 22, 2016 01:34 AM

Audit Trail shows +1 day as that is how it is stored in DB. We also noticed it, the date in application is different but the one displayed in audit trail is +1 date.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec540297.aspx

• 20.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 22, 2016 03:34 AM

juu wrote:

As audit trail, Finish date was changed at 23.46 on 30/6/16. And user found that task finish date was shifted to 1/7/16.

I have no idea which system/ internal process that made task finish date was different from actual thru date.

This is what I keep referring to in my responses (for example the one with all the linked discussions in) - . The database date (and the one that would be seen on the audit page) is just stored in a way that is a little confusing, but the application will display it correctly.

• 21.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 21, 2016 05:09 AM

Task (start/finish) and Assignment dates (start/finish/actuals thru) have a time component so a user who is looking at those dates might see a different date than expected if they are in a different timezone. If you change the display type of the date fields (Date/Time Format Scale) to "date time" you can perhaps see this happening.

This might be your "confusion"?

• 22.  Re: Task Finish Date is changed automatically

Posted Jul 22, 2016 09:13 PM

The audit in Clarity is undertaken via a database trigger, which basically does 'pre-value not equal to new-value, create audit record'.  The database trigger is not using timezones (as such as there is timezone on the server, but that is not relevant in this case).  Something is causing the value to change, and this is showing up in the Audit trail.

It could be anything like dependency on another task, ETC being modified/updated forcing the task date out, etc.  Good luck with finding which one it is, as it is difficult to indicate exactly what it is, but hopefully the audit will assist.