Shawn Walsh

Shawn WalshApr 09, 2015 11:44 AM

navzjoshi00

navzjoshi00Apr 09, 2015 12:05 PM

Anon Anon

Anon AnonMay 22, 2015 02:27 AM

Srikar_Excers

Srikar_ExcersDec 28, 2015 09:30 AM

• 1.  CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2015 11:24 AM

Hello, fellow community members,

Here are some tips I wanted to share for successful Jaspersoft installation and configuration, some of them I found when doing the install myself with Oracle/MSSQL, some encountered as issues raised.

1. Only use the version of Jaspersoft provided with CA Clarity PPM (Jaspersoft 5.6.1 with Clarity 14.2). Also ensure you only use supported Database configurations as per CA Clarity Release Notes, other platforms are not supported/tested by us in case you have an issue.
    2. If MSSQL is used, the schema owner should be PPM_JASPERSOFT, login can be another user.
    3. Ensure you install a separate Tomcat instance from the Clarity one which you can download from Internet. The one that comes with Clarity is not having the scripts to run as service. You can still use a copy of it, but you will have to have command prompt open at all times you wish to run it.
    4. On Windows: if you download Tomcat from apache.org, ensure you get the core installation files, not the Service Installer for Windows. If you mistakenly install only the Service Installer, your upgrade will fail with message:
    startup.bat is not recognized
    5. Ensure your Tomcat 7 installation is installed in a path with no spaces to it, otherwise the installation may fail on some environments because of a known Tomcat issue when doing the startup.bat
    6. When installing Jaspersoft, ensure that Jaspersoft Tomcat is stopped. If you entered the port in Tomcat service, the installer will detect a conflict and warn you.
    7. If you have to reinstall Jaspersoft, first reinstall Tomcat, and then also remove and reextract the Jaspersoft install files, and then start the install script. The reason behind this is that Jaspersoft install writes in both directories for JS install, and Tomcat/webapps, and may miss some of the files if restarted half-way.
    8. Once installed, connect to Jaspersoft and pay careful attention to create the correct Organization or else your connection and Create Users job will not work. Enter the exact organization name, and user name in NSA. Then restart Clarity services and Jaspersoft Tomcat. Once you do this config, you should be able to configure the keystore with the commands.
    9. Prior to running any Create Jaspersoft Users job, ensure that PMO is installed and Jaspersoft PMO content is installed. If it isn't, the job will complete, but no users will be created on the JS server and an error like this will be thrown in the bg-ca.log:
    ERROR 2015-04-07 18:03:18,965 [Dispatch pool-5-thread-10 : bg@claritynam9 (tenant=clarity)] jaspersoft.ClarityJasperUserUtil (clarity:admin:5123542__1098F4BD-587C-4BC7-AD76-A2016C155EC1:Create and Update Jaspersoft Users) Failed to sync user with userName: test ::
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.niku.union.reporting.jaspersoft.ClarityJasperUserUtil.syncUser(ClarityJasperUserUtil.java:272)
    at com.niku.union.reporting.jaspersoft.ClarityJasperUserUtil.syncActiveUsers(ClarityJasperUserUtil.java:620)
    10. If you have another issue with the Create Jaspersoft Users job, please follow the steps to solve it:

a) In CSA ensure the Organization name is the same as the one in Jaspersoft (should also be the same as the one CA PPM PMO-Jaspersoft components have been uploaded to)
    b) Regenerate keystore files and copied to Tomcat directory as per Installation guide
    c) Restart all Clarity services
    d) Restart Tomcat service for Jaspersoft
    e) Run the Create Jaspersoft Users job

11. For any issues with Jaspersoft, please consult the Jaspersoft logs at location:
    $Jaspersoft_Tomcat\webapps\reportservice\WEB-INF\logs

Hope this helps to avoid any issues with the Jaspersoft install.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 2.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2015 11:44 AM

Very helpful!  Thanks Nika

• 3.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 09, 2015 12:05 PM

Thanks for the useful tip, Nika

NJ

• 4.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 09, 2015 12:37 PM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing these Nika!

NIKA HADZHIKIDI wrote:

Hello, fellow community members,

Here are some tips I wanted to share for successful Jaspersoft installation and configuration, some of them I found when doing the install myself with Oracle/MSSQL, some encountered as issues raised.

1. Only use the version of Jaspersoft provided with CA Clarity PPM (Jaspersoft 5.6.1 with Clarity 14.2). Also ensure you only use supported Database configurations as per CA Clarity Release Notes, other platforms are not supported/tested by us in case you have an issue.
    2. If MSSQL is used, the schema owner should be PPM_JASPERSOFT, login can be another user.
    3. Ensure you install a separate Tomcat instance from the Clarity one which you can download from Internet. The one that comes with Clarity is not having the scripts to run as service. You can still use a copy of it, but you will have to have command prompt open at all times you wish to run it.
    4. On Windows: if you download Tomcat from apache.org, ensure you get the core installation files, not the Service Installer for Windows. If you mistakenly install only the Service Installer, your upgrade will fail with message:
    startup.bat is not recognized
    5. Ensure your Tomcat 7 installation is installed in a path with no spaces to it, otherwise the installation may fail on some environments because of a known Tomcat issue when doing the startup.bat
    6. When installing Jaspersoft, ensure that Jaspersoft Tomcat is stopped. If you entered the port in Tomcat service, the installer will detect a conflict and warn you.
    7. If you have to reinstall Jaspersoft, first reinstall Tomcat, and then also remove and reextract the Jaspersoft install files, and then start the install script. The reason behind this is that Jaspersoft install writes in both directories for JS install, and Tomcat/webapps, and may miss some of the files if restarted half-way.
    8. Once installed, connect to Jaspersoft and pay careful attention to create the correct Organization or else your connection and Create Users job will not work. Enter the exact organization name, and user name in NSA. Then restart Clarity services and Jaspersoft Tomcat. Once you do this config, you should be able to configure the keystore with the commands.
    9. Prior to running any Create Jaspersoft Users job, ensure that PMO is installed and Jaspersoft PMO content is installed. If it isn't, the job will complete, but no users will be created on the JS server and an error like this will be thrown in the bg-ca.log:
    ERROR 2015-04-07 18:03:18,965 [Dispatch pool-5-thread-10 : bg@claritynam9 (tenant=clarity)] jaspersoft.ClarityJasperUserUtil (clarity:admin:5123542__1098F4BD-587C-4BC7-AD76-A2016C155EC1:Create and Update Jaspersoft Users) Failed to sync user with userName: test ::
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.niku.union.reporting.jaspersoft.ClarityJasperUserUtil.syncUser(ClarityJasperUserUtil.java:272)
    at com.niku.union.reporting.jaspersoft.ClarityJasperUserUtil.syncActiveUsers(ClarityJasperUserUtil.java:620)
    10. If you have another issue with the Create Jaspersoft Users job, please follow the steps to solve it:

a) In CSA ensure the Organization name is the same as the one in Jaspersoft (should also be the same as the one CA PPM PMO-Jaspersoft components have been uploaded to)
    b) Regenerate keystore files and copied to Tomcat directory as per Installation guide
    c) Restart all Clarity services
    d) Restart Tomcat service for Jaspersoft
    e) Run the Create Jaspersoft Users job

11. For any issues with Jaspersoft, please consult the Jaspersoft logs at location:
    $Jaspersoft_Tomcat\webapps\reportservice\WEB-INF\logs

Hope this helps to avoid any issues with the Jaspersoft install.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 5.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 09, 2015 03:23 PM

Thanks Nika, You are great. Consider yourself telehugged  again.

• 6.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 13, 2015 09:22 AM

Hello Nika

Thanks for writing this article. Very helpful. I am stock on item 9 ...  the Create Jaspersoft Users job do not create users on Jaspersoft. 

Let me ask you: What is the "Jaspersoft PMO content" how do I install it or check it is installed?

Thanks for helping me up.

Warm Regards

• 7.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2015 09:25 AM

Hi GermanK ,

Jasper PMO content is the addin which needs to be installed in clarity server, you need to run the command admin content csk to install the same. You may wish to refer to PMO accelerator guides for details.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 8.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 13, 2015 09:41 AM

GOT IT:

admin content-jaspersoft csk -userName superuser -password

Thanks Suman!

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Suman Pramanik <

• 9.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 04:46 AM

Hello Nika,

what about when upgrading from 14.1 to 14.2? would the same procedure apply?  I have followed all your steps and everything seemed to have gone smooth... until I tried to run reports. I got the "RPT-0013: You do not have the privileges to run the report" typical error message from BOXI... it seems like my 14.2 installation is NOT pointing to Jaspersoft reporting server... in the app-ca.log I found: "There was an error reading the shared secret from trusted principal configuration file. (FWM 02045)"... Looking in CSA under Reporting I found 4 instances of Report Server: Business Objects!!! with only one showing the old correct parameters?!?!  Under the 4 BO instances I found Jaspersoft which I properly configured and which has a Status of Available.  Looking into Clarity under Administration / Reports and Jobs all report definitions seem to point to BOXI... /CSP/Resource Availability for example...

That makes me start to think... do we need to uninstall BOXI server, PMO content (Reports), etc before installing 14.2 and PMO content so that it doesn't conflict with Jaspersoft??? Is there a way to switch between BOXI and Jaspersoft?

many thanks,

Olivier

• 10.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 05:35 AM

Hi Olivier,

Are you running reports from Reports & jobs or advance reporting. Reports & jobs will use BO and advance reporting will fetch from Jaspersoft.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 11.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 05:56 AM

ahhhhh so sorry now it does work although trying in various browsers and quite hard to visualize something... please see screenshots below:

JaspersoftAdvancedReportingScreenshot.JPG

JaspersoftScreenshot.JPG

I tried with IE 11 and Chrome 41 and both show up strangely!!  any solution for that?

thanks

• 12.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 06:11 AM

Gald to hear, Which one is IE, I assume the colorful one is chrome? What is the operating system where you are using IE?

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 13.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 06:19 AM

both browsers are showing exactly the same strange layout no difference in colours... My end user PC is running OS is Windows 7 SP1 Professional.

Jaspersoft2browsersWrong.JPG

• 14.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 06:39 AM

Hi Olivier,

This is the new layout for Advance reporting, you need to go under View, repository and then under folders you see see reports and you need to go under each category to run the reports.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 15.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 06:46 AM

Hi Suman,

if you look at my other post, the second screenshot is actually an executed report... showing only one line of it!!!

JaspersoftScreenshot.JPG

to see the actual report in a "presentable" format you need to export it to pdf or any other format... how can you make the browser to show Jaspersoft interface properly (full window I mean... not a mini frame with scrolling...)?

• 16.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 06:57 AM

Hi Olivier,

Got it, just tried looking through if we have any setting to make it larger but couldn't. I will need to look further.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 17.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 07:47 AM

Suman:

I have been following this thread ...

Reports as we know them from previous versions will not longer exists. Now Reporting is known as "Advanced Reporting". Is this correct?

In order to put "Advanced Reporting" work is required to have the Clarity DWH configured and working ?

Is there a way to have "Advanced Reporting"  without DWH?

Thanks

• 18.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 08:31 AM

Hi GermanK,

If you wish to use CABI and import the csp addin the old Reports will be there. I am not sure if we can use Advance reporting without DWH?

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 19.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 09:08 AM

Hi Germank,

Advanced Reporting only works with the DWH set up and running, as the rights management job uses the DWH to configure the CA PPM users and their rights within Jaspersoft. Also, the ad hoc reporting on the CA PPM domains require the DWH.

On the other hand, both pixel perfect and ad hoc reports can also be written against the CA PPM database directly.

• 20.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 09:30 AM

quick update. On Firefox 17 it does show perfectly! however nobody uses it at this customer site...

JaspersoftFirefox.JPG

The question is then: what is the magic setting to fix IE and Chrome???

• 21.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2015 09:31 AM

I just checked on IE as well as chrome it works well, Do you have some restricted setting?

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 22.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 14, 2015 09:40 AM

Some settings are managed by your system administrator it says under Internet Options / Content...

I have just tried with IE 9 directly on the CA PPM server to navigate to Advanced Reporting and it showed properly...

So it definitely has to do with restricting settings... but which one I am not sure as I am not allowed to modify nor visualize them...

• 23.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 08, 2015 05:03 AM

hi nika!

I am creating a vanilla instance of Clarity 14.2 and jaspersoft. I have successfully installed jaspersoft, can access it and ran datawarehouse and create jaspersoft users job in Clarity. I can see the reports and users in jaspersoft but I am getting the below error when i click on advanced reporting in Clarity. I have also added "Advanced Reporting" global rights to admin account. I have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox to access Advanced Reporting but nothing seems to work.

ErrorThe server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

Any idea what else i can check? Below is a screenshot of our CSA setting.

CSA_jaspersoft.pngCSA_dw.png

• 24.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 08, 2015 09:32 AM

Is it ok to use the Tomcat version 7.0.61?

• 25.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2015 11:18 AM

Hi Colin,

Tomcat 7.0.55 is the only supported release to be used with Jaspersoft as per our Release Notes, since it's the one our testing was performed with. This doesn't mean that higher Tomcat release will not work, but in case you hit an issue with it, and ask for Support we will likely have to ask you to downgrade Tomcat to a supported version.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 26.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 08, 2015 11:31 AM

Thank you Nika.

I will bear that in mind.

• 27.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2015 11:29 AM

Hi Kate,

It looks like the report does not connect from Clarity for some reason. Are you able to successfully connect to Jaspersoft using this Web URL with Clarity admin user and run the reports? If yes, did you change anything at all in the files in Jaspersoft Tomcat directory?
    I would recommend to set a Fiddler trace of the error and raise a Support case with all the logs and traces.

Kind Regards,

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 28.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 11, 2015 01:03 AM

I can login to Jaspersoft using superuser account. What password do i use to login as admin? The "Create Jaspersoft Users" job ran successfully but there is no option to reset admin password within Clarity.

I have a month-old ticket with CA but I haven't received a sound response so far.

• 29.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2015 11:24 AM

Thanks for letting me know Kate. I will work with you on that ticket

• 30.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 17, 2015 05:36 AM

Hi Nika,

I am facing a similar issue that Kate is facing. Could you please let us know if the issue has been resolved? If yes, please share with us the resolution details so that I can try.

Thanks in Advance!

Mahesh

• 31.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 17, 2015 06:44 PM

Hi Mahesh! Reinstalling Jaspersoft resolved our issue. make sure you import PMO for Jaspersoft before running the Create Business Objects Users job.

• 32.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 18, 2015 03:24 AM

Thanks Kate for the reply. One more thing that I forgot to provide earlier is, I am able to get into Advance Reporting and navigate through the links with in that. When I go to the repository and Run any report I get the error as pointed out by Kate. If on the same report I do right click and run in new tab it works fine.Do you know by any chance why this happen? Thanks!

• 33.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2015 08:43 AM

Are you using SSL enabled system. If yes then you need to apply patch 1 for 14.2 to overcome this problem.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 34.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2015 01:33 PM

Hi all.

I have installed Jaspersoft and have followed the steps in the Installation guide. When I try to run the Create and Update Jaspersoft Users I get the following error message:

I have sucessfully created the keystore files and also managed to get the 'ppmjasperadmin' user in Clarity.

I have already regenerated the keystore files and copied to them to <Tomcat>/webapps/reportservice/WEB-INF/config as per Installation guide. Although, the issue still remains.

Please let me know if anyone has already faced this issue and know what can be done to get it sorted.

Regards,

Leandro.

• 35.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2015 01:49 PM

Hi Leandro :

Have you restarted Jaspersoft Tomcat after you imported the keystore?  If yes also: Have you installed the Jasper PMO Content Successfully? Is DWH installed as per the Installation Guide? Is Jaspersoft available in CSA?

If yes, please follow the steps below to fix the issue:
    1. Ensure Organization and other details are correct in CSA
    2. Regenerate the keystore, copy the files over to Jasper folder
    3. Reimport the content with command:
    admin content-jaspersoft csk upgrade -userName superuser -password superuser
    4. Restart Jasper Tomcat
    5. See if you can run the job successfully. If you still have an issue, please provide your bg-ca.log /error

Kind Regards,

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 36.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2015 05:45 AM

Thanks Nika,

I realised I was putting the keystore files in the wrong folder.

Once I put them \Tomcat\webapps\reportservice\WEB-INF\config folder, I run the job again and all worked fine now.

Regards,

Leandro.

• 37.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 20, 2015 10:06 AM

Hi,

I am upgrading from 13.2 to 14.2 and installing Jaspersoft for the first time.  I have a SQL Server database.

You get me a bit confused by stating that the schema name in SQL Server must be PPM_JASPERSOFT.

The documentation provided with 14.2 state that the schema name must be ppm_dwh.  The db template provided with the 14.2 installation has ppm_dwh as the schema owner.

Apreciate if you can clarify this.

Thanks

Knut Hole

• 38.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 20, 2015 12:05 PM

Hi Knut,

there are two database schemas for Jaspersoft:

- ppm_jaspersoft containing the management information of the jaspersoft server, e.g. the resources, users, roles, reports, etc.

- ppm_dwh containing the data warehouse, e.g. the data from CA PPM organized in a star schema to be used for domains

Regards

Georg

• 39.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 21, 2015 03:32 AM

Hi Georg,

Thanks for helping me out.

I get a bit confused by the documentation from CA

Ok, so I need to create both schemas.  I assume it makes sense to put them both in the same database?

Thanks again

Knut

• 40.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2015 10:45 AM

Hi Knut

You can have them as separate schemas on the same database or on different databases, it should not be an issue. So in total you will have three required database schemas on 14.2:
    PPM (Clarity)
    Data Warehouse (DWH)
    Jaspersoft

It's possible to have them all together on one database server.
    In some cases it makes sense to get the DWH schema on a separate server from Clarity PPM for performance reasons, but this really depends on your architecture and environment. Jaspersoft schema can be anywhere since it’s quite small.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 41.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted May 22, 2015 02:27 AM

Thanks, Nika!

• 42.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 16, 2015 08:29 AM

Hi guys,

just wondered if any of you could advise on this.

Both DWH and Jaspersoft reporting are showing as available in the CSA.

I have run the Load DWH job and the Load DWH Access Rights Job. Both completed successfully.

But when I go to configure some users to use Advanced Reporting I cannot find either Advanced Reporting - Navigate or Advanced Reporting - Administer.

I go to Administration -> Groups and search for both access rights but they do not display. I have also searched the Inactive groups but no sign.

• 43.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 08:38 AM

Hi Collin,

Can you please add the below rights

ScreenHunter_05 Jun. 16 18.06.jpg

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 44.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 16, 2015 08:42 AM

Hi Suman,

when I go to Resources, choose a resource and go to Access Rights - Global.

Then I type in Advanced but no access rights beginning with 'Advanced' show in the results.

Would it be necessary to re-run the Load DWH Access Rights job?

• 45.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 08:50 AM

Hi Colin,

Go to resource and Access Rights Global, click on add button and search for "Advanced Reporting"

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 46.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 16, 2015 09:05 AM

Thank you Suman, I thought I would see Advanced Reporting already in the list. But when I clicked on Add I was then able to see the various Advanced Reporting access rights and add them accordingly.

• 47.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 09:07 AM

Hi Colin,

The list will show which are added, once you add it will show up in the list

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 48.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:17 AM

So we have give the access to some users as well as to the admin user.

Then we ran the Create and Update Jaspersoft Users job to synchronize the PPM users with assigned access rights to their corresponding Jaspersoft users and roles.

There are still some issues however, maybe down to the fact that we have a customized Clarity UI?

When I go to Advanced Reporting the window is very small and difficult to use.

small screen.PNG

Also, when we go to http://domain_name:8080/reportservice

I can log in ok but the display looks odd (I'm using IE8 but also see the same issues in Chrome)

Jaspersoft.PNG

• 49.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Hi Colin,

This looks to be related to your custom UI theme yes. Please could you try going to Administration - UI Theme and setting the Theme to Default, then log off/ log in again. See if this works in IE and Chrome.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 50.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:22 AM

Along with it are you hitting the clarity URL using load balancer?

• 51.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:29 AM

Hi guys,

I changed the UI Theme to the default setting, logged off and back on again. But the Advanced Reporting view looks the same. It is still very small and hard to do anything.

Yes Suman, we are hitting the URL through a load balancer. So I went to the app server it self, opened a browser and went to http://localhost:8080 and logged in.

Then I went to Advanced Reporting. This time, the screen remains very small but I do see some differences, e.g. some of the icons are now displaying as expected:

localhost.PNG

• 52.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:34 AM

Colin,

Your UI Clarity theme still looks to be different from Default.. Can you try one of the other default Clarity themes such as Red default, log off and in, and see if display gets better?

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 53.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:36 AM

Hi Colin,

You need to set the load balancer using the below information i.e. enable Session Persistence. Second to eliminate the load balancer, can you restart the app as well the report server and hit the local URL and let us know. If you are still having the issue then open up a case and we can take a look.

Load Balancers and Session Persistence (Sticky Sessions)
    CA Clarity PPM supports any hardware or software load balancer.

Best Practice: Enable the Session Persistence option on the load balancer.

CA Clarity PPM is truly stateless and designed to function with a round-robin or other distribution model. However, it is most efficient when a user session remains on one server. The reason that it is more efficient is a memory issue. By adding more application servers you gain performance. Session persistence is required in a load-balanced environment. Session persistence is required regardless of the algorithm that is used or the number of resources that are contained on the server.

To illustrate, consider five application servers where the load balancing algorithm spreads the individual requests for a single user session across all servers. In this case, each server loads and caches that user session data. You use five times more memory than you would use with Session Persistence enabled so that the user session remains on one box.

The best situation is to configure the load balancer in such a way that it uses soft session persistence. A soft session persistence sends requests from the same user session to the same box. If that box is overloaded or another server is idle, it moves the stickiness from the overloaded box to the idle box. Because CA Clarity PPM is fully stateless, it fully supports this process. Furthermore, if an overloaded box goes down, those sessions are not lost. Presuming the load balancer correctly detects the downed server and redirects requests to another, those user sessions are fully available on the new server.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 54.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 17, 2015 06:45 AM

Thank you Suman.

We use an IIS Load Balancer and it looks as though it is already using soft session persistence.

IIS.PNG

I don't think the load balancer is the issue. When I go straight to the tomcat instance - http://hostname:8080 the the page is rendering ok but the display remains compressed as can be seen here:

small.PNG

I have an open case with Nika so we will look to investigate further. I just wanted to highlight the issue here in the communities also in case someone else had experienced same.

Thank you.

• 55.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2015 06:48 AM

Ok, did your tried setting the default UI theme and did that helped.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 56.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 17, 2015 07:48 AM

When I changed the UI theme to default, I logged off and back on again. But when I go to Home > Advanced Reporting I still see Jaspersoft display issues.

• 57.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2015 08:00 AM

I see could be some issues with tomcat, I will wait to hear back from Nika analysis on the ticket.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 58.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Nov 06, 2015 04:23 PM

Below worked for me..

I switched to Black and white theme and logged off

Deleted the browser history and closed the browser.

Opened new browser and logged back in and it worked fine/.

• 59.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 06, 2016 08:56 AM

Hi CMCN, I have same issue when running the jaspersoft  under load balancer. We are using F5 load balancer. Could you tell how it is resolved ?

• 60.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:09 AM

Hi,

it has been a while but I think what we did was clear the application cache within IIS.

In Application Request Routing Cache I there is an option to clear the cache.

• 61.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:14 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the information. We have 7 Clarity app servers and 3 Jasper servers. In the first server the selected the below option

Select the installation mode.

•   Cluster

•   Primary Node: Similar to the standalone installation.

In the second and third server

I selected cluster with below option

•   Additional Node: Deploys the web application only and uses the Primary Node's database.

II generated the keystore and installed csk as well. But when I try to login to clarity and check the advanced reporting link I get the broken page. Whether I am missing anything?

Best Regards,

Arun Mohan

Workflow - Clarity PPM Technical Lead| Group Operations, Functions & Enterprise (GOFE) CIO | Operations Systems

Lloyds Banking Group | Group IT

• 62.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Jun 16, 2015 08:51 AM

Hi,

Did you remember to add the Jaspersoft content to Clarity?

Step 9 in Nika's list.

Syntax:

In the \bin-folder:

admin content-jaspersoft csk -userName superuser -password superuser

Knut

• 63.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 01, 2015 04:15 AM

Hi Nika,

A couple days ago, we started getting an error "ORA28001:  the password has expired" when trying to run a report.  Our DBA went ahead and reset ppm_jaspersoft password but now we can't even start jaspersoft.  Where do we have to enter that password to be able to restart Jasper again?  Is there something we can do or will we have to reinstall Jasper? 

Thanks for your help!

Yazil

• 64.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2015 09:46 AM

Hi Yazil,

It's possible to replace the database Jaspersoft connection now, please do the following:

1. Open the following file with a text editor:  

$JSTomcat \webapps\reportservice\META-INF\context.xml

2. Replace the details on the connection, enter the pwd in non-encrypted way for Oracle, save and restart Jaspersoft.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 65.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 05, 2015 05:37 AM

Thanks so much!  that worked like a charm..

• 66.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 03:16 AM

Hi All,

I need some Urgent here here too ..

In our PPM Dev database we have created Jaspersoft & DWH schema, in the installation document its mention that we need to create a link PPMLINK but our DBA is saying the link is only required if we are using 2 different databases.

So if we planning to use same database for DWH and Jaspersoft how to define the link property?

Can anyone please share the details if they are using the same scenario?

Thanks in advance.

• 67.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 03:20 AM

Hi

Even if you use same database its a different schema, I have the same set up and had to create a DB link to get the DWH working and it is required.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 68.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 03:54 AM

Hi Suman,

thanks for your reply, can you please share the DBA comand you ran for link setup ? We did ask DBA to perform this but he said its only for different database.

• 69.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 04:04 AM

Hi

I ran the same command which is there in the install guide

ORACLE:

CMN_DBLINK_SP( P_DB_LINK_NAME VARCHAR2,

P_CLARITY_DB_HOST_NAME VARCHAR2,

P_CLARITY_DB_PORT NUMBER,

P_CLARITY_DB_SERVICE_NAME VARCHAR2,

P_CLARITY_SCHEMA_NAME VARCHAR2,

P_CLARITY_PASSWD VARCHAR2

)

Example: Oracle DBLINK Creation

EXEC CMN_DBLINK_SP ('PPMDBLINK','<hostname>',1521,'CLARITY','NIKU','NIKU');

MSSQL:

CMN_DBLINK_SP @P_DB_LINK_NAME VARCHAR(30),

@P_CLARITY_DB_HOST_NAME VARCHAR(30),

@P_CLARITY_SCHEMA_NAME VARCHAR(30),

@P_CLARITY_USER VARCHAR(30),

@P_CLARITY_PASSWD VARCHAR(30)

Installation Guide

Example: Microsoft SQL DBLINK Creation

CMN_DBLINK_SP 'PPMDBLINK','<hostname>','NIKU','NIKU','NIKU'

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 70.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 04:07 AM

Many thanks Suman, will try to run the command, did you ran the command from PPM_DWH schema or from Clarity Schema?

• 71.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 04:12 AM

This needs to be run at the CA PPM schema

• 72.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 06:45 AM

To avoid any misunderstandings:

The link has to be created on the PPM_DWH schema as it points from the DWH to CA PPM, the data flows from CA PPM to the DWH.

• 73.  Re: Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 11:04 AM

Hi SVoda :

Please note that you don't have to create the link on the database side with the command. You can, but you don't have to do it this way.

The easiest way is to configure the link on CSA - Data Warehouse page. You basically enter the link name and hit Save, and Clarity will automatically create it for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 74.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 05:11 PM

Hi Nika,

For the Jaspersoft upgrade in Clarity 14.3, there is a prerequisite to create a new Jaspersoft database. Are we going to reference to the new database instead of the old database when we upgrade Jaspersoft?

I also get the error "Failed to update properties on the Jaspersoft server. Exception getting ClarityJasperAdmin : Invalid AES key length: 8 bytes" when saving the "Application" tab of nsa. The VIP names (http://clarity.dev.net<http://clarity.dev.net/>) of our environment is configured as value of http and https URL for app. Please advise how to correct this error.

Regards,

Kate

• 75.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 05:48 PM

Hi Kate,

Yes the new database should be referenced upon installing.

For your error, seems to be encryption related. Please could you recreate your Jaspersoft keystore and see if that helps?

If not, consider checking the encryption line in your Clarity properties.xml. See if removing it and restarting fixes the issue, if yes, it will have to be reconfigured.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

• 76.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 08:54 PM

Thanks Nika! In that case, can we drop the old Jaspersoft DB after a successful upgrade?

Also, what option do we use when we run install.bat? Install (because it’s installing to a new database) or Upgrade (because we are upgrading Jaspersoft)?

Regards,

Kate

• 77.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Nov 06, 2015 06:24 AM

Can anyone please advise what this error may mean?

ERROR 06-11 06:03:41,526 - sendRequest Error: Illegal character in authority at

index 7: http://<my_reportserver>/reportservice/rest/login?j_username=superuser&

j_password=superuser

• 78.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Nov 06, 2015 07:29 AM

Dear CMCN,

please exchange <my_reportserver> by the real host of your jaspersoft installation.

You could do this by entering the URL of the report server in properties.xml (Element "reportserver") or via NSA in the reporting tab.

Regards

Georg

• 79.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Nov 06, 2015 07:36 AM

Thanks Georg, a quick fix.

So I have everything installed now - including the PMO and Jaspersoft PMO content.

When I try to run the Create Jaspersoft Users job I get the following however:

ERROR 2015-11-06 06:52:15,039 [Dispatch pool-5-thread-1 : bg@IELETT8KEPIC135 (tenant=clarity)] jaspersoft (clarity:admin:200136823__BF729C1B-FC61-4F36-A9BE-F1C115E26F78:Create and Update Jaspersoft Users) Failed to get an instance of ClarityJasperAdmin ::

com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.JasperException: Unauthorized access to http://HOSTSERVER:8080/reportservice with username ppmjasperadmin

It looks like ppmjasperadmin isn't allowed to access the host server.

The user ppmjasperadmin is configured in the CSA however...

• 80.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Nov 06, 2015 07:39 AM

Hi CMCN,

have you already created and deployed the keystore as described in the installation manual?

Kind regards

Georg

• 81.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Nov 06, 2015 07:42 AM

Yes I ran both of these commands:

admin jasper keystore

admin jasper keystore [-key <key> -password <password>]

then copied the generated files here:

<Tomcat>/webapps/<jasperwebcontext>/WEB-INF/config where Jaspersoft is installed.

• 82.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Nov 06, 2015 07:57 AM

I tried recreating and deploying the keystore, then I ran the job again and this time it completed successfully!

• 83.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Dec 14, 2015 11:14 AM

Hi all.

I have integrated Clarity (14.2) with Jaspersoft (5.6.1) after some hassle. However I had to force some steps. The one that worries me the most is that the Create Jaspersoft Users job completes successfully but in the log I see the message: "Sync'ed 0 users of total 3422 Users". I have a group with all the "Advanced Reporting" access rights and therefore many users within this group should have been imported.

Is there something I am missing for this job to import all the users into Jaspersoft Server? I have followed the documentation and I have already followed the suggested steps several times.

Regards,

Giovanni Murguía

• 84.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2015 02:14 PM

Hi Giovanni,

If there is no other error message, this will mean there is for some reason an issue to import those users to Clarity. The users that get selected by the Create and Update Jaspersoft Users job are the ones that are:

1. Active in Clarity UI
    2. Have the Advanced Reporting rights

If you didn't choose Full Sync at your last run, perhaps the users are already imported, and the message just indicates to you that no synchronization was needed (no updated/deleted users). So please do the following:
    1. Please check on Jaspersoft server to see if you see the users being created under the organization.
    2. If not, try running the job as Fyll Sync, and see if that works.
    3. If it doesn't, try granting the rights manually to one resource outside of a group and see if that works.

If you still have an issue please create a Support issue and upload your bg.ca log for review. Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 85.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Dec 22, 2015 10:09 AM

Thank you Nika. I tried the steps you suggested but unfortunately my users are not beign sync'ed But looking at the log I found an error I hadn't noticed before:

The value "" for parameter "roleSet" is invalid. code:illegal.parameter.value.error parameter:["roleSet",""]

I have an open ticket and I updated it with this info, hopefully this is the key to solving the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Regards,

Giovanni Murguía

• 86.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2015 05:43 PM

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for letting me know, and raising the Support issue. Let me see if I can answer this one quickly for you and for other community's members to benefit from.
    This happens usually when something went wrong during the Jaspersoft content import and the Jaspersoft roles are not there or parts of the data is missing.

Please do the following:

1. Ensure you have backed up any Jaspersoft custom content you have as deleting the organization will also remove your custom content.
    2. Connect to your Jaspersoft console as superuser
    3. Go to Organizations, select your organization and delete it
    4. Now run the command:
    admin content-jaspersoft csk -userName superuser -password superuser -retryCount 50
    5. Once done, your organization will be recreated, now run the Create and Update Jaspersoft Users job

This should resolve your issue. Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies

• 87.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Dec 22, 2015 05:50 PM

Hi Everyone - This post has become one of the most popular on the site. While that's great its made it a bit difficult to manage any more questions that could/should otherwise be their own discussions/questions. Please post a new discussion if you want to ask a question. You are welcome to reference this post in your new post. You may still leave comments for Nika or others but if you have a question please post as a new discussion. Thanks! Chris

• 88.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday tips: Tips on having a successful Jaspersoft Installation

Posted Dec 28, 2015 09:30 AM

Thanks for the info Nika

-Srikar