Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to use Loop function in CA SSO to perform customization of  assertion using JUEL

Posted Oct 08, 2015 03:06 PM

Is there way to use Loop function like foreach in CA SSO using JUEL, like condition(if else).

I am not well versed in JAVA  to use fed sdk, so thought of using JUEL,  however i understood that condition is available in CA SSO using JUEL, similarly is there a way i can use foreach.

in JUEL,

we could use

<c:foreach ....>

<c/foreach>

so that i could run a condition to check whether the attribute has the value i am looking.

For example:

memberof attribute could be seen multiple times for a user. And i would like to get only one or two memberof values for the user.

Please assist, this seems to be kind of urgent. Or i have to switch to Java.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to use Loop function in CA SSO to perform customization of  assertion using JUEL

Posted Oct 09, 2015 02:33 AM

Hi,

I'm not aware JUEL being used in fed SDK. For federation SDK, is either java sdk or .net sdk.

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to use Loop function in CA SSO to perform customization of  assertion using JUEL

Posted Oct 09, 2015 06:34 AM

Hi Karmeng,

I have not said that " I want to use JUEL in JAVA SDK". I have mentioned that i am not good in Java, therefore I wanted to use JUEL.

how to use loop in JUEL, like we do for condition,

#{attr[“memberOf"] == ‘APMUsers' ? 'APMUsers' :attr[“memberOf"]}

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to use Loop function in CA SSO to perform customization of  assertion using JUEL

Posted Oct 12, 2015 12:52 AM

Hi ChristieJS,

I have not much idea on JUEL for the loop condition. I think if ,elseif statements in Java is more easy to me compare to JUEL. Probably other community members can assist if they have performed before.

Thanks.

Kar Meng

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to use Loop function in CA SSO to perform customization of  assertion using JUEL

Posted Oct 12, 2015 02:58 AM

Karmeng

I agree, JAVA would be more simple and easy, however, the documentation for JAVA SDK is confusing.

if I have to use JAVA, there are few steps and thats confusing me.

Would it be possible to use the same sample plugin and .java source and  edit that, or i have to create a new plugin.

When i tried to use the same sample plugin it didn't work..!!!

Could you please help with that

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to use Loop function in CA SSO to perform customization of  assertion using JUEL

Posted Oct 13, 2015 07:16 PM

Hi ChristieJS

The sample plugin put in the sample folder (ie: SDK_install_path\samples\assertiongeneratorplugin) served the purpose for customer to edit and make use of it. You can use that as a sample and customize to your need.

If the sample plugin didn't work and throws exception, I suggest to engage CA Support as it might need logs review to troubleshoot further.

Thanks.

Kar Meng