Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Actions not getting cancelled on failed

Posted Sep 19, 2016 05:03 PM

Hi,

I have a situation where based on number comparison taking decision to proceed further on work flow. Flow is working as expected when comparison is true. but when number are not matching the further action are not getting cancelled that is my failed condition.

"Check for user/Session" is the action for comparing two numbers. if both are 0 then it will follow success path and if not equal to 0, then it will follow failed path. But on failed, the actions after extract loop is not getting cancelled  and it continue on "Send Invalid Objects Details Email" action  and not getting out from there.

Please find below snapshot for more details. If I am doing wrong, please suggest me.

• 2.  Re: Actions not getting cancelled on failed

Posted Sep 20, 2016 01:01 AM

Hi

If you look at the link between the flow to the "Send Invalid Objects Details Email" action you will notice that there is no dependency , but its only set the sequence of execution. Currently you can't set condition on link originate from a flow so even if the flow cancelled the next action will be execute.

In order to avoid this situation you can add a second link with failed condition from Check for user/Session action to Send Invalid Objects Details Email , meaning the action will be execute only when Check for user/session end with failed result and the flow completed or cancelled 

Hope this clear

Thanks

Jacky

• 3.  Re: Actions not getting cancelled on failed
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:14 AM

I'd like to follow up with screenshots.

Flow is stateless. One of characteristics is following.

Flow is evaluated (not related if pass or fail), and then next action will be executed.

So, Jacky explained to add a path as required condition. And then, next action will be cancelled.

• 4.  RE: Re: Actions not getting cancelled on failed

Posted Sep 30, 2021 02:30 PM

Using this example, if the condition is met, it follows the flow of the on passed, but if the condition is not met, the on failed do not work for me because it pauses.
    If I execute a resume it logically follows the flow of the on passed.

What do I need to do so that in case 1 = 2 it follows the flow on failed?

Please can you help me ... thank you.

• 5.  RE: Re: Actions not getting cancelled on failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2021 03:34 PM
    Hi Miguel, 
    In order for the actions that are linked by a failed condition to run, the action must be configured to not "Pause on fail". This configuration option is a checkbox in the settings/properties tab of the action. 

I hope this helps. 
    Kind regards,
    Gregg