Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Policy server install error

Posted Mar 29, 2016 04:46 PM

Hi All,

We got this error in policy server installation, and we see in almost most the server where we have installed policy server.

Even this doesn't creates any issues in policy server working. We would like to know what might have created this error, what should we look or do so that we will not get this error.

Windows 2008 R2

R12.52sp1cr01

Custom Action:            com.netegrity.brlib.registry.GetStringFromRegEntry

Additional Notes: ERROR -     class com.netegrity.brlib.registry.GetStringFromRegEntry.install() Unexpected Fatal Error:

Thank You

• 2.  Re: Policy server install error

Posted Mar 30, 2016 01:11 AM

Hi Richard,

This looks like a known issue fix in R12.51. What happen is the installer didn't copy certain dll to system32 folder when policy server installed on 64 bit OS. I need to check internally if the fix back port to R12.52 series. I will keep you posted.

PROD00167095 :

The following non fatal error is observed in config

log when installing and configuring the Policy Server with build 852 on

Win 2K8 R2:

----------------------- ------------------------ ------------------------ ------------------------

Custom Action:            com.netegrity.brlib.registry.GetStringFromRegEntry

Additional Notes: ERROR -     class

com.netegrity.brlib.registry.GetStringFromRegEntry.install() Unexpected

Fatal Error

• 3.  Re: Policy server install error

Posted Apr 03, 2016 10:02 PM

Hi Richard,

I try to reproduce the issue in my testing environment with R12.52SP1CR1 (build 640) on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 (with jdk 1.7 update 79) but unable to see the error in policy server install log (<PS_INSTALL_PATH>/install_config_info folder). Are you seeing this error in policy server installation log or configuration log?

When you install the policy server, did you select any components to configure (ie: policy store, OneView monitor, SNMP, web server?)

What is the policy store vendor and version?

If you can provide your steps on the policy server installation, it can help me to replicate the issue.

The problem is I can't find

com.netegrity.brlib.registry.GetStringFromRegEntry

neither from policy server installation log nor policy server configuration log.

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 4.  Re: Policy server install error

Posted Apr 07, 2016 08:14 PM

Hi Richard,

I couldn't reproduce the error in my testing environment and unable to find issue reported in R12.52SP1CR1 release thus I assume the issue reported in R12.51 mentioned in my first update has been fix in R12.52.

I suspect maybe I miss out some configuration you have and therefore unable to reproduce the issue given that all of your servers seem report the same issue.

Would you able to provide step by step on how to reproduce the issue so I can do a quick test in my environment?

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 5.  Re: Policy server install error

Posted Apr 14, 2016 11:55 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Kar Meng,

Sorry for delayed response, the error is happening while running both GUI or Silent install.

I am attaching the CA_SiteMinder_Policy_Server_Configuration_Wizard_Install_04_13_2016_15_27_40, which was generated after the silent install we did.

If you want I can enclose the Properties file too here.

Thank you

• 6.  Re: Policy server install error

Posted Apr 24, 2016 08:50 PM

Hi Richard,

The CA_SiteMinder_Policy_Server_Configuration_Wizard_Install didn't provide much hints on the error.

Basically it shown the error that you pointed out in this post. The error is non fatal error.

Are you using "Administrator" to install policy server?

In my testing environment, when I run systeminfo in command prompt, the local output as below:

System Locale:             en-us;English (United States)

Input Locale:              en-us;English (United States)

Are you seeing the same?

I agree with Ujwol comment that we need installer debug log to give us more hints.

Regards,

Kar Meng

• 7.  Re: Policy server install error

Posted Apr 19, 2016 10:22 PM

Hi Richard,

What is the OS locale ?

Will you be able to provide the installer debug log ? You can run installer in debug mode by pressing "Ctrl" keyboard while executing the PS config wizard.

That should open a new debug window where it will display all stdouts from the iinstallation process.

If you could copy the content of that deubg window to a text file and provide us for review that would be great.

Regards,

Ujwol

• 8.  Re: Policy server install error
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2016 04:41 PM

Hi Kar meng/Ujwol,

System Locale:             en-us;English (United States)

Input Locale:              en-us;English (United States)

we are running the installation as Administrator.

As of now I would not able to provide the output for the Debug mode, because for now environment setup is complete. I would provide the output if i get new environment build or building new server.

Thanks for your comments.

• 9.  Re: Policy server install error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:52 AM

Hello All,

I have as well run into the same problem...with Win 2012 R2 server and PS R12.52 SP2 CR01

Custom Action: com.netegrity.brlib.registry.GetStringFromRegEntry
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.netegrity.brlib.registry.GetStringFromRegEntry.install() Unexpected Fatal Error:

Will try to run the installer in debug mode on a different host without the "Initialize Policy Server" option.

Thanks,

Reatesh.