DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum: Create via vnmsh an Event with "varbinds"

Posted Mar 30, 2020 09:21 AM
    Hi all,

I know how to create an event via vnmsh and create event command, but what makes me still - how can I pass a enclosed var-bind variable to see how event/alarm-configuration works well (eg. Create a Alarm-Severity with Configuring a Conditional Alarm Severity because of value of var-bind on second position {S 2})

Is that possible, or do I need are different approach?

Thanks for helping.

Lothar

• 2.  RE: Spectrum: Create via vnmsh an Event with "varbinds"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 09:47 AM
    Lothar,

Unfortunately, you can only pass text to varbind "0" when using the CLI "create event" command.

Reference https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/spectrum/10-4-1/managing-client-applications/command-line-interface/command-descriptions/create-create-object.html#concept.dita_5f549fa063e48deff7698f2fbc76047b3b9850ce_createevent

You can run any tests checking the value of varbind "0" then when you are satisfied just change any configuration you used for varbind "0" to varbind "2" before purring it in production.

Joe

• 3.  RE: Spectrum: Create via vnmsh an Event with "varbinds"
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:42 AM
    I would use trapgen or snmptrap to create the events that you need. Closest way possible to real life scenarios. I tried both.

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks
    ------------------------------