Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Going live with CA PPM R15.3, we did not activate soft/hard booking functionality. Now we want PM's to soft book and Resource Managers to confirm the booking by hard booking. How do i do this?

• 1.  Going live with CA PPM R15.3, we did not activate soft/hard booking functionality. Now we want PM's to soft book and Resource Managers to confirm the booking by hard booking. How do i do this?

Posted Dec 12, 2018 01:18 PM

Going live with CA PPM R15.3, we did not activate soft/hard booking functionality. Now we want PM's to soft book and Resource Managers to confirm the booking by hard booking. How do i do this? What security feature must be activated to allow PM's soft book only, and Resource Manager hard book?

• 2.  Re: Going live with CA PPM R15.3, we did not activate soft/hard booking functionality. Now we want PM's to soft book and Resource Managers to confirm the booking by hard booking. How do i do this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2018 03:12 PM

Using the modern UI - the new STAFFING workspace allows you to visually see soft booked staff and to update to hard booked.

All you would need to do is give access to the resource manager is the new Staffing - Navigate access and they can start using it based on their current access to resources and investments.

The Project Manager with 'Resource - Soft Booking' on resources and any investment for which they have EDIT access can add soft booked staff through this workspace.

The Resource Manager is automatically granted access to hard book their own resources into projects for which they have either project view or project edit management access.

Be sure to give both hard & soft booking access to both resource managers and project managers for doing ROLE replacement and role staffing.

• 3.  Re: Going live with CA PPM R15.3, we did not activate soft/hard booking functionality. Now we want PM's to soft book and Resource Managers to confirm the booking by hard booking. How do i do this?

Posted Dec 14, 2018 03:17 PM

Thank you Kathryn…..do I assume that the PM’s are automatically granted soft boking rights? Any access rights I specifically need to grant PM’s?

Many thanks,

Jimi

• 4.  Re: Going live with CA PPM R15.3, we did not activate soft/hard booking functionality. Now we want PM's to soft book and Resource Managers to confirm the booking by hard booking. How do i do this?

Posted Dec 18, 2018 10:35 AM

Thanks Chris,

We do not use the new UI (except for timesheets). How can I achieve my objectives in the classic view?

Thanks,

Jimi

• 5.  Re: Going live with CA PPM R15.3, we did not activate soft/hard booking functionality. Now we want PM's to soft book and Resource Managers to confirm the booking by hard booking. How do i do this?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 06:34 PM

The access rights work the SAME in both Classic and Modern UI.

The access rights for booking resources and roles must be granted separately from a user that is simply a Project Manager.

When the user becomes the Project Manager, they have edit management rights on the project, but to add staff, they need the additional access to the resources and roles.

Typically customers will create an OBS enabled for use with access rights and create a 'Group' that grants access to 'Resource - Soft Book' for any resources that belong to a specific OBS unit or unit & descendants. 

And don't forget to grant 'Resource - Soft Book' access to Roles for adding them to the projects too.