Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  CapMan new release

Posted Feb 23, 2018 01:45 AM

Hi

Is there any new CapMan release? Last release i check is 2.9.4 Oct 2016.

Please advise. I may have overlooked.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CapMan new release
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2018 11:28 AM

Hey Zahar,

You have not overlooked anything; there haven't been any new releases. CCC 2.9.4 is the current release. 

• 3.  RE: Re: CapMan new release

Posted Mar 08, 2021 03:50 PM
    Dear community, 

Following up on the new Capacity Management (CapMan) release query, Is there any new CapMan release after 2.9.4 Oct 2016?

I have been notified by a business user that the product is using Adobe® Flash® Player which is EOL 31 Dec 2020.

Are they any imminent plans to announce EOL/EOS for CapMan and if yes, what is the replacement product? 

Please advise about the future direction or roadmap for this product.

Thanks,
    Syahmi

• 4.  RE: Re: CapMan new release

Posted Mar 08, 2021 03:51 PM
    Dear community, 

Following up on the new Capacity Management (CapMan) release query, Is there any new CapMan release after 2.9.4 Oct 2016 as stated above?

We have been notified by our business user that the product is using Adobe® Flash® Player which has EOL 31 Dec 2020.

Moving forward, are they any imminent plans to announce EOL/EOS for CapMan? 

Please advise about the future direction or roadmap for this product.

Thanks,
    Syahmi

• 5.  RE: Re: CapMan new release

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2021 03:08 AM
    Hi Syahmi,

The latest release from CapMan is 2.9.4 as you have rightly pointed out.

At this point in time we do not have plans to EOL the product, we are made aware of the issue with Flash, although we proactively addressed flash remediation on all the products we actively manage and maintain, this happens to have slipped thru the cracks and we apologise for the same.

Having said that, we have been providing work around for all the 3 areas where flash in used in CapMan, although this is a temporary solution, we are also working on fixing these as soon as we can. We do not have an ETA at the moment as we just got to know about the issues with flash, we are doing our best to remediate the situation at the earliest possible time, but we do know that work arounds do exist. The mechanism is not yet identified and decided if it will be a patch on top of 2.9.4 or 2.9.5, we will share as we know more.

Regarding Roadmap and future direction: Our focus for CapMan has been to ensure that we continue to enable our customers to leverage and continue to use CapMan by ensuring we keep the product technically relevant by focussing on Tech Currency updates in the form of certifications as well as ensuring timely delivery of customer raised defects. Eventually we would like the customers to move to DX OI, but till that happens we plan to support, manage and maintain CapMan till the time we decide to EOL, and when that happens we will give you enough time to plan your migration as per standard EOL terms.

Hope that answers all your questions.

Regards,
    Dheeraj

• 6.  RE: Re: CapMan new release

Posted Mar 10, 2021 10:44 PM
    Dear Dheeraj,

Thank you for your prompt reply and the information. On that temporary solution note, appreciate that if you can provide more details on the workaround for the affected 3 areas. Besides the "create/edit reports" function,  I believe the "Change Group" function is also affected by the flash issue and this will not be solved by any workaround. I think you have to provide the patch or upgrade for that matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you on the mechanism to address the flash issues and keep me posted on the ETA. Please advise.

Regards,
    Syahmi

• 7.  RE: Re: CapMan new release

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2021 01:47 AM
    Dear Syahmi,

We have published a KB article with the work arounds at the following link
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=210274

Hope this is helpful.
    On the note of "Change Groups", do you see this as a frequent use case that you would have to perform? I would assume you would not be changing user roles and groups that often, but would like to hear how you use this area.

Regards,
    Dheeraj

• 8.  RE: Re: CapMan new release

Posted Mar 11, 2021 04:37 AM
    Dear Dheeraj,

Thank you for sharing the article. Below is the answer to your question on "Change Groups":

User roles do not frequently need to be changed. The business user wants me to create groups for physical servers, virtual servers, data centres, storage controllers. However, selecting groups in CCR will require flash and normally the business user does not want to see VMs together with Physical Infrastructure Summary on the same one report page.

Regards,
    Syahmi