CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Central place for Problem information

Posted Feb 22, 2018 07:54 AM

For those of you who use Problem Management... how do you marry Problem Management activities with Major Incident activities, other than linking the two.  My challenge is that Major Incident information, including information on the cause, effect, resolution, is documented in the Major Incident itself.  The Problem has a root cause drop down which is not sufficient... I find there is only the Activities, e.g. Research, Log Comments options to use for Problem activity.  That makes it difficult to find all the information in one place, rather than having to comb through multiple Research / Solution activity logs.

Any ideas how to make this easier?

• 2.  Re: Central place for Problem information

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:30 PM

Any ideas/direction for John here?

_R

• 3.  Re: Central place for Problem information

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2018 02:38 PM

Hello John,

Can you provide an example of what you might like to see here?  Are you trying to display on the web interface elements of a given Problem and its related Incidents?  Would a report possibly be a better fit to provide this information?

• 4.  Re: Central place for Problem information

Posted Mar 09, 2018 08:45 AM

Hi David.

The challenge is that root cause information is stored in the Outage Tab for the Major Incident.  When a problem is opened, it has updated information or it can be the same as what's in the Outage tab.  Yes, a report is the way to marry the info, but we're not there yet.

In the mean time, I use the Solution log entry now and copy and past pertinent Root Cause info from the Major Incident Outage tab. Its duplicate work, but it's all I can think of to keep information in one place.