Expand all | Collapse all

CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

navzjoshi00

navzjoshi00Apr 26, 2016 01:06 AM

Legacy User

Legacy UserMay 09, 2016 08:07 PM

• 1.  CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Apr 25, 2016 10:15 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on having the sandbox upgraded to the latest release of CA PPM.

I will post to this thread as we work out the details and the schedule.

UPDATE: We are in the midst of rescheduling the upgrade. Most likely it will be a net-new install due to the condition of the sandbox.  If we go that route, then it will also clean up all the accounts. You will have to request access again.

I will post more in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Mike Thibault

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Apr 26, 2016 12:41 AM

Thank you mike2.2  for your effort for the community. That is great. So quick on it. I do use them almost daily for checking things.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Apr 26, 2016 01:06 AM

Thank you, Mike

Regards,

NJ

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 09, 2016 08:07 PM

bookmarked!

Thanks mike2.2

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 17, 2016 10:51 AM

Still working with support to get the box upgraded. The rep i am working with was off for a few days last week. Hopefully we will have some news shortly.

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 17, 2016 10:58 AM

Thanks, Mike

Regards,

NJ

• 7.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 17, 2016 01:05 PM

Are you having issues with all the reconfigurations and maybe even customizations of the OOTB items?

• 8.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 17, 2016 01:34 PM

"Are you having issues with all the reconfigurations and maybe even customizations of the OOTB items?" - on the sandbox ? - Yes

NJ

• 9.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 17, 2016 02:55 PM

No issues yet. We are trying to get the ball rolling.  Being a sandbox, I think a fresh install would be best. This cleans up the accounts and puts it into a known state. CA is providing the community with the sandbox as a courtesy. If we go that route, I will give advance notice and we will have to setup accounts again.

BTW:

Thank You CA for providing the Sandbox! I know a lot of other vendors do not do support their communities in the same way.

• 10.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 17, 2016 03:30 PM

I tend to agree that a fresh install would be best as long as the users are using them as personal sandboxes and taking the system out of the know state. That is configuring the general default like menus and views and happily  leaving them modified instead of doing only personal changes and undoing general modifications.

Yes CA giving the users this sandbox opportunity is just great. Thank you CA.

• 11.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 17, 2016 04:09 PM

Once the environment has been updated I am going to work with CA on a plan to help the sandbox remain current and also to schedule periodic refreshes. This should help the usability in the long run.

• 12.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 01, 2016 11:10 AM

I am still working with CA on getting the box upgraded, and hopefully JasperSoft installed as well. As I get more information i will post.

If we do get JasperSoft installed, we will have to implement some extra protocols around it. (TBD)

Mike

(Hope to see everyone at CA WORLD 2016)

• 13.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 02, 2016 12:48 AM

The opportunity to have Jaspersoft also in the Sandbox would be even greater. Keep up the good work to get it.

• 14.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 04, 2016 08:46 AM

UPDATE: We are in the midst of rescheduling the upgrade. Most likely it will be a net-new install due to the condition of the sandbox.  If we go that route, then it will also clean up all the accounts. You will have to request access again.

I will post more in the next couple of days.

• 15.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 08, 2016 10:59 AM

The test sandbox will be upgraded to 14.4 this weekend (June 13th at 8:00 pm). This should not affect the majority of you as those with accounts are mainly on the production sandbox.

The production sandbox (https://cppm1109.ondemand.ca.com/ ) will be reinstalled on June 17th starting at 8:00 pm. After the reinstall, you will have to request an account again.  This will put the instance back into the OOTB configuration. It will take me a few days to do some configuration.

Thank you for your patience.

Mike

• 16.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 18, 2016 01:29 PM

Thanks Mike test seems to work smooth can hardly see the difference.

But for one Advanced reporting is there. Thanks a lot

• 17.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 18, 2016 04:44 PM

The production sandbox has been refreshed with version 14.4. All prior data and account information has been removed. Please give me a few days to get the environment configured and then please request accounts.

Regards,

Mike

• 18.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 19, 2016 06:29 AM

Thanks, Mike

Will await your response, and then ask for the account info

Regards

NJ

• 19.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 23, 2016 08:41 AM

I hope to have my work in the Sandbox completed by Monday June 27th. Then I will start creating the requested accounts. Thanks!

• 20.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:14 AM

Thanks, Mike

Regards

NJ

• 21.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 24, 2016 12:00 PM

Thanks Mike, could you please let us know where and how to request for Account.

• 22.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jun 24, 2016 12:11 PM

On our community Overview page:

• 23.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jul 06, 2016 05:11 AM

I sent a mail to get my a/c info reset (CA Sandbox Env), but didn't get any response

Regards

NJ

• 24.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jul 06, 2016 10:14 AM

Your account was sent up and you were emailed the credentials, and have yet to login.

I PM'd you the credentials again.

• 25.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jul 06, 2016 10:35 AM

Thanks, Mike

I am in

Regards,

NJ

• 26.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Jul 06, 2016 03:48 PM

Me, too. Thanks Mike

• 27.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted Nov 01, 2016 02:40 PM

When I try to load a report in Jaspersoft in the Production sandbox, I get the following error message.

No matter what report I pick I get the same error. Does anyone else get  it?

Unexpected error
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor272.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.BeanReportDataSourceServiceFactory.createService(BeanReportDataSourceServiceFactory.java:94) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor612.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150) at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:91) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.ProfileAttributesResolverAspect.resolveDataSourceAttributes(ProfileAttributesResolverAspect.java:50) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor611.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621) at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610) at.......

• 28.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 25, 2017 01:13 PM

Mike,

I would like to obtain access to the CA PPM 15 sandbox. Thank you!

Laura

Laura A. Yates

University at Buffalo

Computing & Information Technology

ITPC, 301e Computing Center

Buffalo, New York  14261

Tel: (716) 645-3563

E-mail: lyates@buffalo.edu

• 29.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Upgrade

Posted May 26, 2017 04:28 AM

lyates 

See above,

On the overview page there is a place where you can send a request.

Here it might go unnoticed.