CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  requester auto fill from affected end user

Posted May 28, 2014 07:26 AM

hi there,

i want to autofil "requested by" when "affected end user" has any value.

scenrio:i want when my analysts create Service Request froms quickprofile>scratchpad it will automatically fill "requested by" with the value present in "affected end user"

need solution

regards

• 2.  RE: requester auto fill from affected end user
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2014 07:03 AM

Generally when you open ticket the "normal" way, File->New Request, when you fill the Requestor field, the Affected_End_User is auto field with what ever was used on the Requestor field. I imagine you want same functionality when a ticket is raised from the Scratchpad. I would go the route of raising a call with CA Support to have this functionality extended to the Scratchpad. I am just not sure if this would be considered a Enhancement Request or bug? I guess it will depend on the complexity of what needs to be done. So go ahead an log a support issue and take it from there.  

• 3.  Re: requester auto fill from affected end user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2014 09:13 AM

Thank you Brian.

Hi AKhan,

Were you able to get this progressed further per Brian's suggestion?

_R

• 4.  Re: requester auto fill from affected end user

Posted Jun 24, 2014 09:28 AM

Just a comment on Brian's statement ---> Generally when you open ticket the "normal" way, File->New Request

We were told by the CA Services Consultant who assisted us with implementing our system that the normal way to create a new ticket is to use the quick profile/scratch pad (and I agree) -- Because in the real world you want to start creating the ticket while you're talking to the customer on the phone, and you don't yet know if it's going to be a request or an incident.  Using the quick profile/scratch pad allows you to start documenting things and then decide if it's a request or an incident -- So using the quick profile/scratch pad to me is the 'normal' way.

• 5.  Re: requester auto fill from affected end user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2014 12:41 PM

I agree with Tammy here, a majority of "analyst users" are going to be using a level 1 based Role, which means their main source of ticket creation is going to be the Quick Profile (it's also quite a bit faster if you have somebody who needs to constantly create tickets all day).

There isn't a way to pass the Requester by default, and in previous cases we have confirmed with the development team that this is the expected design, so a customization would be required.

• 6.  Re: requester auto fill from affected end user

Posted Jun 24, 2014 12:46 PM

Not only is it faster, but it also gives you quick visibility to their existing requests and incidents -- so that you can see if they've already reported this before, or had the same issue in the past. And this is valuable information for us out here in the real world!

• 7.  Re: requester auto fill from affected end user

Posted Jun 24, 2014 11:30 PM

i manage to achieve this by creating a customize pre-save trigger, spell customization also works fine here.

• 8.  Re: requester auto fill from affected end user

Posted Sep 21, 2018 11:25 AM

Would you be able to share some more details on how you achieved this?  Or general suggestions?

#scratchpad

#servicedesk14.1

#quickprofile

Thanks

Regards

Carlos Ramirez