Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Change page name!-default object!

Posted Jun 20, 2012 10:31 AM
    Hi,
    It's possible to change the name of page?
    The object name is idea, but i want to change idea for demand in the pages (see files),
    where I can change? it has a file of configuration?
    Please help!
    Tranks very much

• 2.  RE: Change page name!-default object!

Posted Jun 20, 2012 10:57 AM
    Hi Cris,

Not sure this can be done. Somebody with more experience will chime in soon.

Please note that you should post attachments in JPG format (compressed), not huge BMPs as you have attached if you can. Appreciated.

Alex

• 3.  RE: Change page name!-default object!
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 20, 2012 12:54 PM
    I think you are partly in luck and partly in for a hack.
    What you could do is if you are normally using English language set the language something other than English and use the translation feature the change the English labels to what you want them to be.
    That means they will those everywhere where just those labels are used, also in the places where you do not want them.

For the remaining there may be the unsupported way of editing the nsl_captions table.

The other benefit with jpg images is that they display on the board without downloading.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Change page name!-default object!

Posted Jul 04, 2012 07:59 AM
    I made the change in some parts.
    Only have idea in: top of page when i create an idea and in the detail of idea.
    I change the references og idea in the \niku\clarity\resource
    I thing in this parts are no possible to change the name of idea.

The idea message, for example: PMA-0003: An idea can only be approved or rejected if its status is submitted for approval. shows me the message in english but my user is spanish, Do you know why?

• 5.  RE: Change page name!-default object!

Posted Jul 05, 2012 03:50 AM
    The page names are created in CMN_CAPTIONS_NLS at the point when the object is created.
    Even renaming the object later on wil (unfortunately! I think this is a bug in Clarity) not change the page titles / page labels everywhere.

It seems that you have no other option than to manually update CMN_CAPTIONS_NLS -- taking care not to change the references but only the display text.

We had the same hassle when the customer asked us to slightly relabel a custom object we had created.

Especially with the "Idea" object, though, I'd be extra careful. This is part of Clarity core stuff (sometimes handled in a "magic" way) so you will also find that for instance there is a "magic" field in other investment objects: "Originating Idea". If you're going to re-label the Idea, you'd also have to address these places in a consistent manner. Frankly, I'd try to talk the customer out of this :-)

Daniel

• 6.  RE: Change page name!-default object!

Posted Jul 05, 2012 04:43 AM
    That is second vote for
    For the remaining there may be the unsupported way of editing the nsl_captions table.
    Martti K.