Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Clearing cache

Posted Oct 12, 2009 10:10 AM
    I could not find any information/document for following. Any pointers/information on this is appreciated.  Security Cache Page:-  What actions/steps get executed when you flush/flush all/flush configuration?

• 2.  Re: Clearing cache

Posted Oct 13, 2009 01:40 PM
    I'll see if I can find some internal CA information for you.  Paul

• 3.  Re: Clearing cache

Posted Oct 14, 2009 06:06 AM
    'Flush' will cause the corresponding objects to be removed from the cache. 'Flush All' will cause all objects in the cache to be removed from the cache. Not sure on 'Flush Configuration' â€" probably clears the properties.xml items that would have been cached.   Paul

• 4.  Re: Clearing cache

Posted Oct 14, 2009 12:02 PM
    Flush Configuration forces a renew of "meta data" for Clarity Studio/Lookups (items you might find in a content pack).[left]
    [left] Useful in a Dev. environment where configuration is changing, not as useful in a Prod. environment where the configuration is expected to be stable. Changing the query behind a Dynamic Lookup sometimes has no effect until you 'Flush Configuration' for example.[left]
    [left] NSA is used to change properties.xml level settings - I don't think flushing has any affect on these (my opinion, not fact).[left]
    [left]

• 5.  Re: Clearing cache

Posted Oct 23, 2009 10:22 AM
    We have an ID used by the XOGGing that is used by internal processes in Clarity.   Is this ID among the objects cahced?   Reason I ask is we have a   XOG account that has been getting locked after we do and password change.   We are trying to troubleshoot, why this gets locked.   We are wondering if after we change the password that the old pasword is cached hence why it the account gets locked.

• 6.  Re: Clearing cache

Posted Oct 23, 2009 11:08 AM
    Are you saying that you alseo change the XOG account password and after that you change the password in the properties file before you use the xog client the next time or if you use code through soap client change the password in the code?  Martti K.

• 7.  Re: Clearing cache

Posted Oct 23, 2009 11:39 AM
    In this instance, we use GEL script to XOG.

• 8.  Re: Clearing cache

Posted Oct 23, 2009 12:42 PM
    When your passwords are changed what do you do to the XOG ID password and the GEL script?  Martti K.