Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  CA 2E: Web Option: Browser Support: Future research.

Posted Feb 12, 2013 04:15 PM
    Hey there everyone,

NOTE: This thread is purely for research purposes. So as not to mismanage expectations, as always, there are no guarantees that any particular browser will/will not be supported in the future.

CA 2E Web Option supports IE (Internet Explorer).

I'd like to get a sense of what other browsers, if any, people would like to see us support in the future.

Ideally please let us know the browser/platform, where it makes sense.

e.g. Chrome for PC, or Safari for iPad or Chrome for iPhone, etc...

Even better, would be if you could provide a business justification for the browser/version/platform (s) you state.

Cheers,

Simon

Simon Cockayne
    CA Technologies
    Sr Principal Software Engineer
    Tel: +1 703 708 3042
    Simon.cockayne@ca.com

• 2.  RE: CA 2E: Web Option: Browser Support: Future research.

Posted Feb 12, 2013 05:06 PM
    Hi Simon,

That's an interesting question.

Currently our implementation of Web Option supports the following browsers on the PC.
    IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Seamonkey. Basically the top 3 rendering engines (Trident, Webkit and Gecko).

I just tried accessing Web option from my phone in Firefox, all works just fine. Application access is the same as from the PC version.

So, what're ya askin' :smile

Crispin.

• 3.  RE: CA 2E: Web Option: Browser Support: Future research.

Posted Feb 13, 2013 11:46 AM
    FWIW, there was no intent to imply that Web Option will support any browser out of the box. Note that I did say 'our implementation" and rather, that with the correct (customer) modifications it is quite possible to support any mainstream browser with the existng tool.

Crispin.