Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Extract replytoQueue and replytoQueueManager from Request Headers

Posted Jun 20, 2019 08:29 AM
    Hi Team,

We have a Virtual service using IBM Native Step. the requirement is to extract the replytoQueue and replytoQueueManager from the request headers and send the response message to the extracted header properties.

Could you please suggest how can we extract the below properties  from Request headers.

1. replytoQueue
    2. replytoQueueManager

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Extract replytoQueue and replytoQueueManager from Request Headers

Posted Jun 20, 2019 08:49 AM

Hi,

To my knowledge a standard Virtual Service (standard VSM, not customized) does this out of the box. Does this not work for you?

If you need these values you can add a Request Data Copier DPH to your listen step and copy the metadata arguments to properties. The metadata arguments should contain these queue names.

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Extract replytoQueue and replytoQueueManager from Request Headers

Posted Jun 24, 2019 01:53 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Danny,

PFB my observations:

1. IBM MQ Deprecated:

have created the VS using Deprecated step and here in the ITR run, i'm able to see those properties(replytoQueue and replytoQueuemanager) in Meta information in lisa.vse.request.

2. IBM Native Listen:

Same VS created using Native step doesnt have reply to queue and reply to Queue manager info in the lisa.vse.request from the test ran in ITR.

Note: These properties were passed in the MQMD headers from the application where the incoming request is triggered from.

Attached the lisa.vse.request property captured from both VS created using deprecated and Native steps to showcase the difference

Question is:

is there any other way that we can extract these properties in IBM Native Listen step?

Thank you

Attachment(s)

zip
    lisa.vse.request.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Extract replytoQueue and replytoQueueManager from Request Headers

Posted Jun 24, 2019 07:49 AM
    Hi,

Yes, I noticed from your provided examples, ... I am surprised about this.

@Support or Engineering, can you comment whether or not this is expected behaviour from the native MQ listen step?

------------------------------
    Cheers,
    Danny

• 5.  RE: Extract replytoQueue and replytoQueueManager from Request Headers

Posted Jun 21, 2019 06:01 AM
    Hi,

Try using Extract Payload properties Filter or Request Data Copier Protocol on consume step. It will extract all meta properties with given prefix . Use same properties to send response.

Regards
    Rahul V

• 6.  RE: Extract replytoQueue and replytoQueueManager from Request Headers

Posted Jun 25, 2019 05:16 AM
    Hi Rahul,

The issue is the replytoQueue and replytoQueue managers are not been populated in the lisa.vse.request meta information in IBM Native Listen step. i have attached the files in my earlier reply to Danny. Please check it.

Thank you