Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  "This field name is not known" error in BO - not in Crystal

Posted Jun 01, 2016 10:23 AM

We are running Clarity v14.3.  I am developing/running a custom Crystal report (Command based) with several multi-select parameters.  To do that, you process/validate the parameters in the Record Selection formula (blueberry-picker).  The report runs fine in Crystal.  But in BO, I get this message:  "This field name is not known. Details: errorKind Error code name:StartPromptingFail".  I saw on this site where this problem was fixed for a date parameter ..... but all of my parameters are String.  I did copy this report from one test BO environment/database to the other.  I have googled this for Crystal errors and have seen where copying from one database to the other could cause this.  So, please help with the following:

1)  What error log can I check to find more details (maybe which field name it is talking about)?  I saw in a couple of places to look in app_niku.log, but I cannot find that log in the CSA.

2)  What is the correct sequence in copying a Command based report from one database to the other?

3)  Any other advice and/or references to articles would be appreciated!

Thanks, Greg P

• 2.  Re: "This field name is not known" error in BO - not in Crystal

Posted Jun 17, 2016 08:04 PM

How many Command items do you have associated with this report? We had some reports where we had a couple of different

command statements that were joined to each other inside the same report. I got a very similar error and ended up having to consolidate all my Command statements to have only one per file.

• 3.  Re: "This field name is not known" error in BO - not in Crystal
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:41 AM

This is Greg, the submitter of this discussion.  Sometimes the solution is simple, but elusive .... and should have been easier to find.  We had changed to a new database in our testing environment.  My local Crystal reports (ODBC) connection had been changed to the new database (where I had added the new field/attribute), but the connection from the BO report server had not been changed.  So when running the report from the BO environment, it was pointing to the old database that did NOT have the new field/attribute.  I wanted to enter the solution here so it may help someone else with this error message!  Thanks, Greg P.