Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ROC - Get All Parameters retrieves nothing

Posted Apr 19, 2016 08:11 AM

Hi,

I am trying, in PreDeployment step, to get the parameters thanks to the action "ROC - Get All Parameters", but I just retrieve an empty value.

What I can see in the successfully executed action :

getAllParameters_dp.png

But, if I go back to the Deployment, to step "PreRequis" and Server Type Name Jahia6_Maciffr I can see that there are two parameters :

getAllParameters.png

I should get something like [Jahia6_Maciffr/jahia/target, Jahia6_Maciffr/jahia/Deploiement partiel/forceFullDeployment], instead of [], shouldn't I ?

Or should I execute this during PrePlan (in this case, documentation should specify it) ?

Regards.

• 2.  Re: ROC - Get All Parameters retrieves nothing

Posted Apr 20, 2016 10:09 AM

Hello,

I tried :

- To execute the flow in a Deployment step and get the same result.

- To get global parameters, not configuring the Server Type Name parameter and result is also empty.

Any idea ?

Is there a preferred way to use this action ?

Regards.

• 3.  Re: ROC - Get All Parameters retrieves nothing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2016 10:49 AM

This action will not do what you are trying to do.  You probably have already come to that conclusion.  In the screen shots above, you are showing Environment parameters.  For the Get all parameters action the term Global is referring to application parameters.  I don't think there is an action to get all Environment parameters in one go. There is an action to retrieve a single environment parameter.

• 4.  Re: ROC - Get All Parameters retrieves nothing

Posted Apr 28, 2016 06:13 PM

I have to suggest that the 'ROC - Get All Parameters' action be renamed and have it's documentation updated. Both are completely inconsistent with what it currently does.

• 5.  Re: ROC - Get All Parameters retrieves nothing
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 21, 2016 06:33 PM

Hi Nicolas,

The action ROC - Get All Parameters allows to you to retrieve the Environment/Release parameters defined at the level of the component if you specify a value for the input parameter Server Type Name.

To get these parameters, you have to execute the action while ONLY the PrePlan step.

Thanks,

Cyrille

• 6.  Re: ROC - Get All Parameters retrieves nothing

Posted Apr 22, 2016 03:47 AM

OK, thank you Cyrille.

I found another way to do what I want :-)