DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  effects of introscope.enterprisemanager.baseline.max.metrics.baselined=0

Posted Nov 16, 2018 08:00 AM

Hi,

I am having the issue described in the KB article on CQ5/AEM agents constantly connecting/disconnecting

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/apm-agents-are-disconnecting-and-connecting-to-em-collector-repeatedly/kb000008770#/

Before I set introscope.enterprisemanager.baseline.max.metrics.baselined=0 as it suggests, can someone give me some details on what else this will impact?

I could not find anything specific in the documentation.  Does it stop variance working? or what does it affect if I effectively turn off baselining?  What affect it any does it have on Team Center (we use ETC with multiple clusters)

Thanks in advance!

Lee

##caapm#applicationperformancemanagement#baselineusage

• 2.  Re: effects of introscope.enterprisemanager.baseline.max.metrics.baselined=0

Posted Nov 16, 2018 08:02 AM

I should add, the constant connect/disconnect is limited to AEM/CQ5 agents - we have thousands of other agents that do not do this. 

• 3.  Re: effects of introscope.enterprisemanager.baseline.max.metrics.baselined=0
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2018 09:07 AM

Hello Lee,

That change will disable DA. DA alerting is heavy used in ATC, i would not recommend this.

You should investigate why the agent are continuously disconnecting and connecting

I suggest you to start fixing any possible configuration issue in your setup and implement all common best practices, I have summarize most of them here:

Introscope Enterprise Manager Troubleshooting and - CA Knowledge 

And very important, if possible try to upgrade to the most stable release, to obtain a copy of the latest hoftixes for 10.5.xor 10.7.x code branch you would need to contact Support

If the problem persists, open a support case and include a copy of all logs and config directories from the EMS.

As this is an issue with LB mechanism, we would need DEBUG logs from MOM(s) for a few minutes only (10 -15), this will help us understand the root cause of the disconnection

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sergio

• 4.  Re: effects of introscope.enterprisemanager.baseline.max.metrics.baselined=0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2018 12:55 PM

Dear Lee:

This was covered in a KB:

Disable Variance metrics - CA Knowledge 

I agree with Sergio on finding out the agent disconnect issue rather than losing functionality

Thanks

Hal German