ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to look up the access history of connected users through the desktop client in DE

Posted Jul 21, 2021 02:42 AM
    Can I look up the access history of connected users through the desktop client or web console?
    How do I search if I have one?
    I'd like to know the function of checking the connected users IP and ID, connected time.

Many thanks

• 2.  RE: How to look up the access history of connected users through the desktop client in DE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2021 12:37 AM
    Hi,

CLI command - about should help here. It will display the connected users and its ipaddress

-> about
    Copyright (c) 2021 Broadcom. All rights reserved.

https://www.broadcom.com/products/software/automation/esp-dseries

ESP dSeries Workload Automation Server Id: ESP_45W39H2_7500
    ESP dSeries Workload Automation Server Version: 12.3.00.00
    Build: 99
    Build Date: 202107191435
    High Availability is Enabled. Current Server Mode: PRIMARY

Connected clients:
    ADMIN@127.0.0.1:62333 connection confirmed
    SCHEDMASTER@127.0.0.1:62334 connection confirmed

Hope it helps!
    Ravi Kiran

• 3.  RE: How to look up the access history of connected users through the desktop client in DE

Posted Jul 27, 2021 04:33 PM
    Edited by SHARON SHIMANEK Jul 27, 2021 04:34 PM
    I don't think you can find access history but from CLI about will tell you currently connected users.  you could also grep the tracelog's for 
    grep 'has logged in' tracelog.* and you will get times each user connected for the tracelogs that are avail.
    grep 'C80001 has logged in' tracelog*   to search for specific user

Sharon

Sharon

• 4.  RE: How to look up the access history of connected users through the desktop client in DE

Posted Aug 01, 2021 12:20 PM
    Edited by Andy Reimer Aug 01, 2021 12:21 PM
    We do something similar for audit purposes.  We output the trace logs for the previous day, grep for specific lines, then save it as a csv file.  It doesn't include the IP address from which users are connecting, but if you stored the output of the 'about' CLI command every few minutes you could correlate that information against the 'has logged id' lines from the tracelog.

Ah the lengths we go for auditors.

------------------------------
    Andy Reimer
    ------------------------------