DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Is historical data available?

Posted Jul 31, 2017 02:21 PM

Hi,

I had a customer who moved some interfaces from one switch to another, and wanted to do a comparison.  I do not see the old interfaces available in CAPC.  Is there any way to access it, or does it automatically get purged once the interface is no longer active.  

• 2.  Re: Is historical data available?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 05:02 PM
    We set the interface to Not Present.  The data is there for it, but we do not sync Not Present components to CAPC by default so it becomes unavailable in CAPC.  You can have these items sync by going to Administration -> Data Sources editing the Data Aggregator data source and selecting "Synchronize component items that are not currently present on the monitored device". However, if another interface with same ifIndex on device is discovered, we consolidate that interface to the retired interface in CAPC.  So you would only see the old interface data.

• 3.  Re: Is historical data available?

Posted Jul 31, 2017 05:27 PM

How about via the DA?

• 4.  Re: Is historical data available?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2017 05:31 PM

It should be visible on the DA but the DA has no reporting capabilities. 

• 5.  Re: Is historical data available?

Posted Jul 31, 2017 08:54 PM

Right,  sorry, I mean via the OpenAPI.

• 6.  Re: Is historical data available?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 09:37 AM

No they would not be available in OpenAPI. The database ELT tables (used by openapi) don't populate not present items into it.  

• 7.  Re: Is historical data available?

Posted Aug 01, 2017 09:56 AM

Anyone else see this as a gap?  I  certainly have customers who want to look at interface utilization after they are decommed, for comparison purposes and post-mortem analysis.

• 8.  Re: Is historical data available?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 11:24 AM

I agree - this seems like a gap in the design. I suggest posting this to the idea wall for a change to the features function.

Bob

• 9.  Re: Is historical data available?

Posted Aug 02, 2017 11:31 AM

Are you filtering on admin down, oper down etc in your Monitoring Profile Component Filter ?

• 10.  Re: Is historical data available?

Posted Aug 02, 2017 01:06 PM

I am, but that’s the point.  I still want the option to retain an interface that was once active, for reporting/audit/remediation purposes.