AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Automic Upgrade version 10 to 12.2

Posted Jun 24, 2019 08:08 AM
    Hi,

We are upgrading automic version 10 to 12.2.  We got the below link for the upgrade activity.

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/12.2/AWA%20Guides/help.htm#Installation_Upgrade/install_upgrade_v10.htm

We dont find more details in the above link for the upgrade activity. (For ex: in that link they have mentioned to install  CAPKI, but not given the exact path details.).   Do we have any other link/document which will help us on the upgrade activity.

Also as per above link, we did installation of CAPKI.  Can you please let us know how we can confirm, whether this installation are success?
    Do we need to check any path to confirm the proper installation.

Thanks
    V Manikandan

• 2.  RE: Automic Upgrade version 10 to 12.2

Posted Jun 25, 2019 03:17 AM
    Dear Manikandan,

I recently installed the 12.2 version, to and had to figure out how to install CAPKI.

My installation is on LINUX and this is how I found out whether the installation was successful:
    Just after the installation executable I typed "echo $?" which gives me the exit code of the command before. The value that is displayed should be zero. If it is not zero, then (an only then) an installation log will be written in /tmp/CAPKI_install.log.

Under WINDOWS I did also an installation (ServiceManager needs that, too) there was no message whether the installation was successful either. But in the %TEMP% path it writes a logfile. To figure out which value %TEMP% has, I wrote "echo %TEMP%" in a test.bat and started it in a powershell. The path was in the folder AppData\Local\Temp of my user, I guess this is the default.

I hope that helps,
    Regards, Nicole

------------------------------
    Regards, Nicole

• 3.  RE: Automic Upgrade version 10 to 12.2

Posted Jun 25, 2019 07:23 AM
    Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the response. We are facing the issue while installing agents.
      1. We have downloaded the below automic agents from Automic download centre.
    Automation.Engine_Agent_Unix_Linux_12_2_3+build.1558154951870
      2. We had extracted the files in Unix and we got the below files only.

$ pwd
    /dacdat/oracle/Automic_12/bin
    $ ls
    ucxjlx6 ucxjlx6m ucxjlx6s ucxjxxx.ini ucx.msl
    $

We didnt see any library files.  Can you please check and advise if we miss any steps here?  can you please help us and share the steps for Agents installation.

Thanks
    V Manikandan

• 4.  RE: Automic Upgrade version 10 to 12.2

Posted Jun 25, 2019 08:51 AM
    Hi,
    you find the CA.PKI source files in the folder Tools\CA.PKI if you download the complete image.
    Otherwise you find it here
    https://downloads.automic.com/downloads/component_downloads?selected_tab=&lifecycle_entity_id=1525261028345&major_version_id=1528116396836&search=&no-default-values=on&show-files=on&show-patch-descriptions=on

Thx & rgds
    Christian

• 5.  RE: Automic Upgrade version 10 to 12.2
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 26, 2019 02:29 AM
    Dear Manikandan,

there should be some more empty folders parallel to the bin folder, like temp.
    But otherwise: no, that's all. ucxjlx6 is the executable, the ini-file ucxjxxx.ori.ini needs to be copied to ucxjlx6.ini and adjusted. It is not a Java programm, there are no libraries. I recommend using the ServiceManager to manage the agent process. Be careful not to use a newer agent-version than the engine. The engine must be the newest version, the agents should not be older than one major version older from the engine version.

If you don't know how to install automic agents and the engine, I recommend getting some help by a consultant or education.

Regards, Nicole