Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

• 1.  how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Posted Sep 17, 2019 03:32 AM
    Hi Team,

I'm trying to schedule the report in jasper server and configuring the email notification. While configuring the emails recipients in To,CC and BCC it is not accepting more than 100 characters.

But i want to schedule the report up to 50 email recipients. Please provide the solution that how can i achieve to enter 50 email recipients with out creating any mail groups. Thanks.

Regards,
    Ranjith

• 2.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2019 05:09 AM
    HI Sandeep,

This has been discussed some time ago in the communities.
    Have a look at those two threads.

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1747&MID=761576&CommunityKey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1747&MID=771187&CommunityKey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer

Cheers,
    Raúl

• 3.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Posted Sep 18, 2019 07:37 AM
    Hi Raul,

I gone through the above shared url's and  modified the max length to 1000 but still the fields are not accepting more than 100 characters. Even i put the max length as 0 in this case also it is accepting 100 characters. Is there any files need to modify along the below mentioned file to effect the email notification fields To,CC,BCC in the server?.

I am using jasper server 6.4.1 and changing the max length value in the below file.

optimized-scripts\bower_components\jrs-ui\src\scheduler\template\editor\notificationsTabTemplate

Regards,
    Ranjith Kumar.y,

• 4.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 08:00 AM
    Hi Ranjith,

Let me know if you can get access to this KB:
    https://ca-broadcomcsm.wolkenservicedesk.com/wolken/esd/knowledgebase_search?articleId=108100

This is the file where you would need to do the changes:

The File SchedulerController.js does not exist on 6.4.2 in that location. It only exists on Jaspersoft 6.2.1. The file in the same location on Jaspersoft 6.4.2 is called SchedulerMain.js this is where you will need to edit this file to modify the parameter.

Cheers,
    Raúl

• 5.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Posted Sep 19, 2019 04:38 AM
    Hi Raul,

I am unable to access the shared URL and i did the changes in SchedulerMain.js  file, made the values to 1000 but still it is not accepting more than 100 characters. 

Regards,
    Ranjith Kumar

• 6.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Posted Sep 18, 2019 07:37 AM
    Hi Raul,

I have tried the solutions provided by you above but it didn't help me out.

• 7.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2019 07:08 AM
    Hi Ranjith,

OK, the mentioned article should be accessible at this url:
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=108100

Did you restart Jasper after making the changes?

Cheers,
    Raúl

• 8.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Posted Sep 19, 2019 07:24 AM
    Hi Raul,

yes i restarted the server after changing the max length but still i am unable to enter more than 100 characters.

Regards,
    Ranjith Kumar.Y

• 9.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2019 08:34 AM
    Hi Ranjith,

Changing the files are really not suggested and thats the product of TIbco and not Broadcom. However as they have provided a limit why dont you go ahead and create a email group and add to who all needs the report output. 

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler

Posted Sep 19, 2019 08:56 AM
    Hi Suman,

Yes we can create email group but i am thinking like it's worked fine in 6.2.0 version and now in 6.4.2 it is not allowing.

Actually i created a scheduler with 30 email participants in earlier version and i upgraded it to 6.4.2. The earlier created scheduler is working fine and while trying to edit the same i am unable to  add anything. Here my question is if the max length is 100 only how it is accepting more than 200 characters in previously created scheduler in 6.4.2 version. 

Regards,
    Ranjith Kumar.y

• 11.  RE: how to increase the default num of recipients emails in Jasper Server scheduler
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2019 08:59 AM
    Again what worked is purely a unsupported approach and at this point Jaspersoft 6.4.2 is not supported also and Jaspersoft 7.1 is supported. You may wish to check if anything has any solution in Tibco communities too. 

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom