DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Agent Tomcat - Windows 2016

Posted Feb 17, 2020 09:33 AM
    Hi team,
    It is currently being installed on a Tomcat 10.7 agent on a Windows 2016 server, but at the time of restarting Tomcat, the following errors are presented in the agent at the log level.
    When viewing in APM, information from Frontend, Backends, webservices or anything related to the Application is not being captured.

2/13/20 12:27:09 PM COT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Introscope AutoProbe will not run because the provided directives files are not valid: The directives directory C:\servidor\CA-APM\wily\core\config\hotdeploy does not exist.
    2/13/20 12:27:09 PM COT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Failed to load extensions bundles PBDs.
    2/13/20 12:27:09 PM COT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Unable to instantiate class com.wily.introscope.autoprobe.AutoProbeTransformer.
    2/13/20 12:29:08 PM COT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] An exception occurred checking directives files.
    I understand that agent 10.7 is not compatible with w2016, according to the matrix, but there is some way in which monitoring can be activated. Has anyone done it?

• 2.  RE: Agent Tomcat - Windows 2016
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2020 09:44 AM
    Hello Richard,
    The error message says that the hotdeploy folder could not be created, a workaround could be to create this folder manually (by creating a folder named hotdeploy), but it would be useful to check that the user that runs Tomcat - which might be different if it runs as a service than from running a script - has read/write permissions on the agent folder.
    The agent may also want to create a dynamic folder (folder named dynamic) for temporary dynamic instrumentation.

Because of the error in creating the folder, AutoProbe has failed, that is why you are missing Frontends/Backends etc.

Thanks,
    David

• 3.  RE: Agent Tomcat - Windows 2016

Posted Feb 17, 2020 09:55 AM

Hi David,

Thanks,

I will install the agent inside the same apache folder to discard user permissions on the agent folder.
    Then I tell you how we are doing.

Richard