DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Spooler Error

Posted Nov 13, 2019 07:39 AM
    I have four Windows servers I was running robot 7.96 on, two work fine but two I get a spooler error message "Unable to reset out-queue". There are two messages in the log which I see;

failed to flush message (permission denied)

(load_bus_plugin) Could not load plugin lib (C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft/plugins/plugin_metric/plugin_metric.dll). Reason (The specified module could not be found.

The second issue listed above,  the file "plugin_metric.dll" does not exist in that folder, it is in a folder called "plugins_obsolete" but I do not get this error on two of the servers.

I have now upgraded all four of these servers to version 7.97 but it appears that I have the same issue with the same two.

Running UIM 9.02, any suggestions on how to resolve the permission denied message would be appreciated.
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Spooler Error
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2019 08:02 AM
    Check out
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=34328

and update to:
    robot_update-7.97HF6.zip robot_update-7.97HF6.txt

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-hotfix-index.html?r=2

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Spooler Error

Posted Nov 14, 2019 04:43 AM
    Thank you David, I have tried that and will see if the error comes back

• 4.  RE: Spooler Error

Posted Nov 14, 2019 04:06 AM
    If you need to update a system with Robot version 7.97 installed, keep in mind that you disable the "hdb" and "spooler" probe before deploying a new robot_update (or other probe). If you don't do this, there could arise that IM is showing wrong version numbers for controller, hdb, spooler and other probes and the probes sometimes are not updated.
    (I think, there is also the rule to keep the "hub version number <= robot version number".)