DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Monitorig the port 48003 tunnel server

Posted Mar 26, 2020 10:13 AM
    Hi everyone.
    I need monitoring with net_connect probe the port 48003 tcp of all my clients hub, the necessity it's for have other controll point more.
    When I test a telnet to port 48003 this not answer but the tunnel ssl it's working. If the port is tcp and all is working. Why not anwer the petition icmp? ¿any idea?

• 2.  RE: Monitorig the port 48003 tunnel server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 10:22 AM
    most likely your client hub are setup as tunnel client and not tunnel servers.
    as such they are not listening on port 48003

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Monitorig the port 48003 tunnel server

Posted Mar 26, 2020 10:58 AM
    @Gene Howard That it's right, the server of the customer is Hub with client certificate. I thinked that the port 48003 was open when the tunnel it's established.
    So There is a way to monitor that the secondary hub is on Online, beyond to use (attach / post) on subscriber. Right now we have in monitoring the Ip adress of the server via ICMP, but only this.

• 4.  RE: Monitorig the port 48003 tunnel server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 01:00 PM
    you could go to the hubs and just enable the tunnel server and not connect anything to it.
    this would cause the hub to listen on port 48003.
    You then should be able to use net_connect to test the connection to this but it is only as good as a ping would be as this will not mean that the tunnel is up and working.

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Monitorig the port 48003 tunnel server

Posted Mar 26, 2020 02:44 PM
    Thank you very much @Gene Howard​ for all your recommendations