Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  CA Identity Portal Searchable list to accept single value

Posted Jun 25, 2019 07:43 AM
    Hi Team,
    CA Identity Portal 14.3(vapp)
    Currently i building a request form to create account only on a Windows Server.
    In the form, i need to user to select ONE Windows Server in his/her request.

In the form am using Searchable List(I need the search feature), but this object allow user to select more than 1 item in the list.
    Can I force this object to accept only 1 item ?
    If Yes, then how can we configure this ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: CA Identity Portal Searchable list to accept single value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 11:49 AM
    You might be able to use a Form Handler but I am not sure as this is more of an implementation question. Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and can advise you further.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-portal/14-3/EN/administrating/administrating-ca-identity-portal/ca-identity-portal-administration/backend/create-forms#CreateForms-FormHandlers

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: CA Identity Portal Searchable list to accept single value
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2019 10:41 AM
    Hi William,

I'm not sure if you have already solved this, but I ran into the same situation.  I wrote a very simple change handler to remove any previous entries that were selected. I had a second read-only field called selection for display purposes.

var list = api.getProp('selection');

console.log(prop.values);

if (prop.values.length > 1) {
        var blank = prop.values.shift();
        list.value = prop.values[0].description;
    } else if (prop.values.length == 1) {
        list.value = prop.values[0].description;
    } else {
        list.value = '';
    }

Good luck!

• 4.  RE: CA Identity Portal Searchable list to accept single value

Posted Jul 03, 2019 07:20 PM
    Thanks Jeremy, this is what am looking :)