CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to to call an external API REST after the creation of a request in Service Desk?

Posted Jun 10, 2019 10:11 PM
    Hi! We are working on automation processes and we need to different APIs when certain requests are created. For example:

If a user creates a request in Service Desk under the category "New Database" we have to send the ticket information to execute a script that creates a database.

How can we trigger this action?

Regards

• 2.  RE: How to to call an external API REST after the creation of a request in Service Desk?

Posted Jun 11, 2019 01:33 AM
    Edited by Lindsay Estabrooks Jun 11, 2019 10:50 AM
    I recommend using Process Automation Manager. The process you create can be called by relating the category to the workflow.

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How to to call an external API REST after the creation of a request in Service Desk?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2019 09:59 AM
    You could also create an auto-event that checks if the category matches the one you mentioned and then run a 'Remote Reference'. See also:

Create a Remote Reference - CA Service Management - 17.2 - CA Technologies Documentation
    Ca remove preview
    Create a Remote Reference - CA Service Management - 17.2 - CA Technologies Documentation
    You can configure remote references to execute external programs from the CA SDM application. CA SDM lets you create a remote reference to a
    View this on Ca >

Hope this helps?

===
    Kind Regards,
    Brian

• 4.  RE: How to to call an external API REST after the creation of a request in Service Desk?

Posted Jun 24, 2019 01:21 PM
    ​Thank you very much! I will try that option and then i will post the result here.

Regards

• 5.  RE: How to to call an external API REST after the creation of a request in Service Desk?

Posted Jun 25, 2019 11:14 AM
    Hi,

How Lindsay  said, that request its really simple to do it by CA Process Automation, every request created by that category would call a flow and in that flow yo can do what ever you need. You could create the database without need to execute an externar script.