DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Trap Mapping in a DSS Env using AlarmNotifier

Posted Feb 09, 2012 10:35 AM
    Hi,

I've been looking at the trap mapping when importing a MIB using the MIB Browser.

The Alert Map and Event Disp Files get pushed out to all SpectroServers in the DSS env

The PCause and EvFormat files get pushed out to the OC server.

This works all well and good if you just want to view the Event and PCause details in the alarm that is displayed in OC.
    But it strikes me that if you are using say AlarmNotifier - which is by default configured to forward the Event and PCause details, then the PCause and EvFormat files "should" also be pushed out to the SpectroServers.

My thought are that this is an oversight and quite a simple change to make.

Have I missed something? Does anyone see a flaw in my suggestion?

Regards
    Lesley

• 2.  RE: Spectrum Trap Mapping in a DSS Env using AlarmNotifier
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2012 10:55 AM
    Hi Lesley, That is functioning as designed. The evformat and pcause files need to be manually copied to any AlarmNotifier/CLI instances or secondary OneClick servers. Feel free to submit an enhancement request to get this functionality added. -Roger

• 3.  RE: Spectrum Trap Mapping in a DSS Env using AlarmNotifier

Posted Feb 09, 2012 10:12 PM
    I think this is a great idea Lesley. Besides entering an ER as Roger suggested, please also click on the "Post as Idea" link on your original post. This will create a new idea in the Ideas section, which other users can vote up to indicate that they would also like this feature. Ideas with more votes are more likely to be implemented, or at least looked into.