DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Callback-Bursts to a Probe, what will happen

Posted Nov 25, 2021 06:12 AM
    Hi!

I just implemented our own "FileManagement"-Probe, for moving/copy/deleting/transfering Files indipendend of the controller/distsrv/ade-Probe Callbacks.
    The Probe relies not on Queues, but on Callback an PDS-Structures (I know there is a sizelimit, but I handled that)
    However....

What comes in my mind as I  was testing, how about "bursts"? E.g. If probe A try to send a lot of Callbacks to probe B, is there a timeout?
    Sure I should implement a "OK" sendreply if Probe B has fullfilled the callback and so on, but what happens if also Probe A2, A3 etc. sending Callbacks to Probe B. 
    Is in the nimsoft.jar some implementation of a queue for callbacks or should e.g. run the callback on Probe B in its own thread, and followup, is the **** threadhandling of Java enough to handle that.

Any clues for me?
    cheers
    Matthias

• 2.  RE: Callback-Bursts to a Probe, what will happen

Posted Nov 25, 2021 03:00 PM
    Hello,

You created a probe that will handle moving / copying / deleting / transferring files from one server to another?
    Is that correct?

• 3.  RE: Callback-Bursts to a Probe, what will happen

Posted Nov 26, 2021 01:48 AM
    Yes,
    Mostly to transfer Files for our own sms-probe between hosts. Its not queue-based, but sends the file simply uuendcoded (yes I am old fashioned), secured by sha256 checksums before and after transfer between the probes, simply by using a pds-table.
    Quite ****...

There fore my Question.

cheers
    Matthias