AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  File watcher job not picking up the files

Posted Jul 23, 2019 04:06 PM
    Hi,

We have a below file watcher job scheduled in our environment (version 11.3.6 SP 0) .

insert_job: TEST_FILE_WATCHER         job_type: FW
    machine: xxxxx
    owner: xxxxx
    permission: gx,ge,wx
    date_conditions: 0
    term_run_time: 60
    alarm_if_fail: 1
    watch_file: "/u001/users/test/TEST_FILE_ACK_*"
    watch_file_min_size: 1
    watch_interval: 1800

We have the above FW job scheduled to run daily once and there will be two files received in the path. FW jobs kick offs at 4:00 pm and the first file arrives at 4:05 pm and the second file would come at 4:10 pm. As per the job definition, the file watcher should watch for the file for 30 mins and pick up it return to success at 4:35 pm or so. 

But here the FW job is not picking up the files and its running for 60 mins as per the term_run_time and getting failed. After the job failure, when I re-run it, then it is running to success in 30 mins.

Why the File watcher job is failed to pickup the files in the first instance? Can any one please help me out on this issue.

Note: the file size is constant and not getting updated also.

Thanks,
    Vamshi

• 2.  RE: File watcher job not picking up the files
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2019 01:27 PM
    SP0? move to SP8. also this has to do with teh agent more than anything. 
    be careful  using double quotes when creating he job. in some versions it takes  the " " as part of the file.

• 3.  RE: File watcher job not picking up the files

Posted Jul 31, 2019 11:07 AM
    Not sure if this is your issue here but I had some trouble with FW intervals and that version of the agent.  My case may have been a fluke but I found that instead of waiting the 30 seconds + interval it would often wait two full (30 seconds + interval) periods. My advice would be to rule this out by a) upgrading the agent as Steve mentioned or b) either shrinking the watch interval to 15m and seeing if you get the expected wait time or dropping the term_run for a few runs to see if it's finishing around 60-65m instead of the 30-35m expected.

Again, not sure if this is your issue but thought I'd share my experience.

Good luck!
    Scott